Pro 5.0 Shifter Installation

Balloonmeister

Established Member
Installed the Pro 5.0 shifter with MGW handle, yesterday. Much improved shifting.

A big thanx to Postban for his set of pictures on the installation. For those of us who are mechanically impaired, they were a big help! :beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Aside from slightly shorter throws, did not notice much difference between MGW vs. MGW + PRO-5.0.

Balloonmeister

Established Member
ox03,

I went from completely stock to the Pro 5.0 w/MGW handle, so I can't help you there. The Pro 5.0 is MUCH more solid feeling (I installed it per the recommendations in Postban's post, i.e., with the rubber bushing between the Pro 5 and the MGW handle). I tightened it up as tight as I could and it has a very solid feel to it. Adjustment of the stops was painless. The shifter seems to be even getting a better feel to it as I put more miles on it, though that is entirely subjective and may be a figment of my imagination. I will probably switch to Redline transmission oil at the earliest convenience. I had used it before in a BMW M Roadster and it made a difference.

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
Aside from slightly shorter throws, did not notice much difference between MGW vs. MGW + PRO-5.0.

I went D4 only and it helped some. Still wasn't happy so I added the MGW handle, and it helped alot on downshifts, but 3rd still grinding. Just ordered the 5.0 so I'll see if that helps. Then again maybe I just can't drive:bash:

jason

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
3rd won't grind anymore,

I shift hard, and with the stock shifter being sloppy, hitting second was ok, but hitting third hard was like slammin in up there there, and hearin some noises as it went in with a loud click\pop.
Just didn't feel "safe"

Now with the new shifter & oil I have 0 problems, can bang any gear at will, no grinding, no difficultly getting into any gears under full load.

I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread