Pro 5.0 shifter

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I am installing the Pro 5.0 shifter sometime this week. I currently have a problem with my third gear not fully engaging. Sometimes it feels like it's in gear but then it pops out. Will the new shifter help at all? I'm hoping it will at least help a little bit. Opinions welcome:beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> Will the new shifter help at all?

Probably not. You will not obtain greater travel with the PRO-5.0. In fact, the stop bolts may further prevent you from fully engaging into gear. Maybe the transmission is out of alignment. Check your shift lever boot. Is it secure? Are you experiencing hard shifting or gear clash? Perhaps it is an issue with the shift fork. Check your sychro. Many possibilities.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Id check the synchros. You may also want to check the input and output shafts. I had the same problem with my 2nd gear. I ended up gettin the whole T-5 rebuilt and it runs strong now!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
i was thinking syncros too. but kept my mouth shut since i'm no professional.

my buddy's 3rd gear syncro in his 02 GT is going bad. Grind in rpm shifts......due to him missing third waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times trying to force it in. Of course I had to school him in his own car :)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
BTW Joel, if you wanna learn more about manual trannys, wwww.howstuffworks.com helped me out alot :)

Users who are viewing this thread