PRO 5.0 Shifter

Poison_S

Established Member
I now have the PRO 5.0 shifter installed and after a short test drive I immediately noticed a big difference in shift action.

There is less vagueness to the shifting with an assuring click-click during each gear change and engagement.

I do like the shifter over the stock, however I still find myself reaching for third. It appears the shifter is just lower, but continuing the "reach" for third and fifth gear. Also, I noticed engaging first gear, my knuckles are just about in contact with the driver's side console ridge that stick out on the either side the shifter (level with the radio controls - see attached pic).

I did a search on the 5.0 shifter and almost everyone installed the MGW handle.

Would this mod make the difference with the "reach" and "interference" short-comings I mentioned?

BTW, the pic below is not of my shifter. I borrowed a picture from someone else's post.

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
Do you have Pro 5.0's new "Mid length" handle? made all the difference for me.

Venemous, do you have any pics online of your 65? There are pics of mine in progress at the website in my signature

JT

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I use the TriAx handle and it's great for me.

Just another option. I think either will solve your problem.

fakesnake.com

Established Member
I haven't installed mine yet. What is the RTF type material you guys recommend to seal it? Someone recommended a particular brand before but I forget the name.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The MGW handle should solve your problem because the adjustment of the handle is very wide. You can pretty much adjust it to your liking. I've never met an MGW user yet that has complained about still having a reach issue with 3rd gear. I'm using it and love it! No issues on reach.

jordanvraptor

Established Member
I put in the Pro 5.0 and like it as well. I used the stock handle to solve the reach problem. I did have to modify the attachment point so it would not hit the ring base of the 5.0. However you do it, isn't it great not to miss 3rd gear?

Venomous1

Established Member
JT - I don't have any of the pics of the '65 online, but I'll post a couple when I get home tonight. I just updated my sig as we recently discovered it is not a true GT, although it was disguised very well. I also added some of the things that are done so far. It is actually almost ready to come home from the mechanical shop, so I'll post a before and a now pic.

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> CobraBob: ...never met an MGW user yet that has complained about...having a reach issue with 3rd...

[Raises hand...]

> Poison_S: Would this mod make the difference with the...short-comings I mentioned?

Not a bit. Even with the MGW handle fully telescoped.

> fakesnake.com: ...RTF type material..a particular brand...

I recommend Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I bought both the Pro5.0 mid length handle and the Steeda handle. The dimensions are pretty much identicle. I kept the Pro5.0 because it's steel. I'm satisfied with it. So are those with the MGW.

Users who are viewing this thread