Pro 5.0 vs. Triax

RJCobra

Established Member
I've read alot of posts stating that the Triax is noisier than the Pro 5.0. Is it made of a different material? Do the aftermarket shifters re-use the INNER rubber boot? I think the Hurst shifter comes with its own boot.

jshen

Established Member
Wait just a sec.

"Pro5.0 uses inner stock boot"....yes it does and you have to cut it up to use it. I've had both..and both have their plus's and minus's. Steeda goes on quickly and uses stock boot placement so no cutting..but too noisy for me. Pro 5.0 requires you cut boot around shifter so any debris getting under the shifter leather boot goes right into the works...Frankly, I sent both back and got the add-on [see signature] handle which did everything the shifters did ....and more...saved me $170.00 and the shift is great. Try this handle..if you don't like it..then go with Steeda.

KDog

Established Member
If you're looking for reach adjustment, the MGW would do it for you. But if you're looking for shifter feel and not missing gears, I don't think it would. I might be wrong though. I'm looking into the Tri-ax with the MGW personally.

Silver03

Established Member
What do you guys think of the handle that comes with the Tri-Ax? Anyone know the best place to pick one up, its $199 from Steeda.

KDog

Established Member
I'm probably going with mustangwarehouse - $164.

Don't forget, if you buy from Steeda you get a 10% SVTOA (if you just purchased the vehicle, or remained a member) discount.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I had a Triax on my '99 GT, and it was very noisy, couple people even asked if my tranny was going out. It had a very notchy feeling also.

I went with the Pro-5.0 on the '03 Cobra, and love it. Much quieter, and practicaly falls into gear when you shift no notchy feeling. Need to get a different handle though.

tigerwoods

Established Member
i have the triax with mgw handle. i did cut the inner boot to fit over the triax shifter. it is not any louder than stock. the first time i tested the car it was louder than i went home and wrapped the boot with duck tape to seal it off. noise went away. a couple of months later i changed to the mgw handle and no tape. still quiet.
the mgw handle is so much better than the triax. it makes all the difference it shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread