Pro Turbo Kit's Twin Setup

XtremeSvt

Established Member
PTK has a new twin turbo setup that they have been working on in conjunction with HPP Racing. This kit looks really nice and seems to make good power. The Hellion and HP kits are the rage right now, just wondering how this kit stacks up to them. I don't really know of anybody on here that runs anything by PTK. Just wondering what yalls thoughts were on this kit. Click here for address: http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=287 or http://www.hppracing.com/products.html

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I will be running one of their kits on my 97 Cobra in within the next few weeks or so. I will provide feedback when I get it installed but it will more than likely be a kickass setup. The guys at HPP really know their shit and the build of the kit was closely monitored by Manny at HPP so the production kit it will be very sweet. I took a ride in HPP shop car with the prototype kit and it is an absolute animal at only 14 psi...

XtremeSvt

Established Member
Awsome, I am glad to see someone will have one of the kits on their car very soon. Their kit looks badass and just wondering how the fit/fininsh/performance will be. I would like a twin setup on my car in the near future but there is already a HP twin car in my area and I would like something different. Keep us posted on any progress. -Brandon

snakebitten1975

Turbo'd Vert
Established Member
xtremejc said:
I will be running one of their kits on my 97 Cobra in within the next few weeks or so. I will provide feedback when I get it installed but it will more than likely be a kickass setup. The guys at HPP really know their shit and the build of the kit was closely monitored by Manny at HPP so the production kit it will be very sweet. I took a ride in HPP shop car with the prototype kit and it is an absolute animal at only 14 psi...

You should ride in it at 17lbs, man what a beast. Btw that car ran a 6.80 in the eighth mile over the weekend on 17lbs. I have rode in the car myself, and love the way it feels, and rides so smooth, if you set the car up right on a turbo kit, it will run the way you want it to run.

360R

Established Member
im sure it is. I wish this kit was on the market before i purchased the hellion kit. The hpp looks like a real nice kit, and the power is amazing what they are getting out of them.

adler

Established Member
pwrhungry said:
Take it from a owner who bought a PTK.

DONT!
Why not? The HPP/PTK kit has been very reliable. Manny has beat the hell out of his 03 Cobra with the HPP/PTK kit without any problems coming from the kit.
Oh yea, a little birdy told me that the car made over 800hp Thurdsay.....stock internals :pepper:

Last edited:

pwrhungry

Established Member
adler said:
Why not? The HPP/PTK kit has been very reliable. Manny has beat the hell out of his 03 Cobra with the HPP/PTK kit without any problems coming from the kit.
Oh yea, a little birdy told me that the car made over 800hp Thurdsay.....stock internals :pepper:

Yes and mine made 700 on pump gas. Still doesnt account for the fact that items I paid to have polished had to get sent back because they werent, the 1 1/2 month delivery time that was 11 months, or the piping I had to have refabed because it hit the a-arm when the car was set back on the ground. Then count all the hoseing and clamps that were missing. You can do what you want but I had nothing but trouble with the PTK kit. Put that with me giving the owner a $7000 11 month loan and him saying he cant refund me anything even though the price of the kit was lowered.

Avoid PTK like the plague.

adler

Established Member
I really doubt that anyone will have those problems when ordering the kit through HPP. But good luck with your setup.

pwrhungry

Established Member
adler said:
I really doubt that anyone will have those problems when ordering the kit through HPP. But good luck with your setup.

For their sake I hope not but either way you look its still the PTK setup from PTK.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
pwrhungry:

The HPP TT kit is custom fabbed by PTK for HPP to their specs and it looks nothing like their single turbo kit...

pwrhungry

Established Member
I had the single kit.

As for it being HPP's kit im doubing it. For some odd reason on PTKs website they say it is there kit.

Im not trying to argue, just trying to warn from my ACTUAL experience with PTK. Its your choice to take it for what its worth.

As for HPP I dont know of them or have ever delt with them. Im not saying anything about them good or bad. Just stating that I could go elsewhere before I ever bought another PTK kit. Maybe having HPP as a middle man does the trick idunno.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread