Probably been asked a million times... what have you all run stock in the 1/4?

Pony2NV

Established Member
Sorry if this has been posted a million times before, but I just got my 03 and just joined this board. I've tried a search for stock times, but haven't come up with anything. Just looking for what you guys have run totally stock, so I have a baseline (Just turned over 400 miles, waiting for 1000 before hitting Englishtown!!) Also if you could include any tips for getting the best time with this car. Thanks everyone...

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
My stock run was a 13.6x @ 106mph on a 2.4x 60'. It was my first time racing an M6. I'm down to a 12.85 @ 111mph still on a 2.4 60'. Only mods for now are a chip and a drop in K&N filter.

Welcome to the board!

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
There's a huge thread on this somewhere.

Pony2NV

Established Member
Anyone know how to bring up a thread on this? I tried a search, but can't find it.

kj385

Established Member
The key to getting good times out of the cobra is the 60' time. But they all seem to be close (stock) after the first 60'. I'm still learning how to get this thing out of the hole clean. So far my best is [email protected] with a 2.158 60'. Outside temp was about 75-80 deg and it never had more than a 30-40 min cool down. I was not doing any burnout or dry hop so I can save my tires. But I think a small burnout would help. (note I said small not a big smokey one)

Redwing

Established Member
This has been eating me up. At the modular Shootout last week in Columbus, I ran 6 times. My best run was about 13.5 seconds at 104.44 with a 2.20 60 ft. This was my first dragging experience. I weighed in at 4015 pounds with driver. My only mods are a Densecharger and a Borla Stinger.From my sig you'll see that my cobra is a vert. Is the high e.t. because of my driving? And is the low terminal speed because of lack of power? When the car had 1700 miles on it, I dynoed at 368 RWHP, bone stock. Now I'm at 14000 miles.
It was very hot there, but a friend (Kurt) with a stock coupe (except for intake)turned 13.1 at 109. He also weighed in at 3815. His 60' was 2.17. Is there something wrong with the car?
Any advice or analysis would be helpful.
Steve

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by Redwing
This has been eating me up. At the modular Shootout last week in Columbus, I ran 6 times. My best run was about 13.5 seconds at 104.44 with a 2.20 60 ft. This was my first dragging experience. I weighed in at 4015 pounds with driver. My only mods are a Densecharger and a Borla Stinger.From my sig you'll see that my cobra is a vert. Is the high e.t. because of my driving? And is the low terminal speed because of lack of power? When the car had 1700 miles on it, I dynoed at 368 RWHP, bone stock. Now I'm at 14000 miles.
It was very hot there, but a friend (Kurt) with a stock coupe (except for intake)turned 13.1 at 109. He also weighed in at 3815. His 60' was 2.17. Is there something wrong with the car?
Any advice or analysis would be helpful.
Steve

I don't think there is anything wrong with your car. When I first started out I had several runs around 13.4 driving the car as hard as I could with 60ft times about the same as yours. I'm on the larger side so my car also weighs about 4000 lbs with driver (and I drive a coupe).

I went the chip and pulley route but then found I really needed good tires (slicks in my case) to hold the additional power. Once I did that I immediately cut over a second off my 1/4 mile time. 12.21 the first time I ran with the mods and 11's shortly thereafter. There's no doubt in my mind that your car can do the same if don't mind adding these mods.

YoungCobra

aka BigBlackCobra
Established Member
Check my sig. I had run a best of 13.33 bone stock but on a much colder night.

Yesterday it was well over 100 degrees and the humidity was disgusting. All I could manage was a 2.0x 60' foot time launching at 4k and hooking. The temperature really affects these cars in a big way.

Users who are viewing this thread