Problem at WOT

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
They have TR7IX in stock at my local autoparts store, but they are Iridiums. Should I go with those or just wait for the standard TR6's to arrive? If I should go with the TR7IX Iridium's, It has been my understanding that you are not suppose to gap Iridium plugs, is that true?

SVTDice

Established Member
They have TR7IX in stock at my local autoparts store, but they are Iridiums. Should I go with those or just wait for the standard TR6's to arrive? If I should go with the TR7IX Iridium's, It has been my understanding that you are not suppose to gap Iridium plugs, is that true?

If you want to spend the money on them. TR7IX's will work great. There are plenty of people that have used Iridium plugs with success. But no, You do have to still gap the Iridium's. Just be very very careful, They can break easy. I'm suprised your auto store does not have BR7EF's Pretty much the BR7EF's are the copper version of the TR7IX.

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
Ok, I am waiting for the plugs to arrive, and I have pulled the transmission for replacement this past weekend. I will get it re-assembled and report back on my finding's next weekend. I also discovered that the previous owner lied when saying I had different Injectors. They are stock.

SVTDice

Established Member
Hmmm, Then after you do the plugs I'd honestly talk to a tuner ASAP. I'm sorry to hear this man, Oh by the way. I was doing some more research on the plugs. You could do TR6's around .32 Or the BR7EF's around .35 Or so.

Anyways, I'd go over that car with a tooth and comb and make sure everything is in order. You could have alot of issues if you run out of fuel or out of air during a WOT Run. That would be a very expensive nightmare. I'd hate to see that happen.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would get the car on a dyno and have it checked out.

Oh, and boosting in 5th or 6th is a :nono:

Last edited:

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
Could be the alternator dropping voltage under load happens alot and will cause the fuel pumps to drop in psi. But it needs to be logged when its under load at WOT the problem wont show at idle.

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
I apologize for the delay, I haven't actually been able to solve the problem because I have had the transmission out for a clutch swap, as soon as I get it up and running again I am going to change the plugs and if that doesn't solve the problem, take it straight to the dyno. I'll respond with my results in the next week or so.

SaleenCobraSwap

Established Member
I realize this thread is a year old, I wasn't aware I hadn't posted my results:
It was the spark plugs. I changed them initially with a gap of .32 with no effect. I switched again to a colder plug at a gap of .29 and the car runs perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread