Problem not sure of ...

zeusha

Established Member
Hey my cobra when launched (to make clear people have different definitions lol) From a standstill if I dump the clutch the car doesn't seem to go easily into the next gear and even if it does its like it has no power. A LONG hesitation sometimes even in and out power. Like the car will pull then FULL engine brake then power comes back on again? But if I launch it, then wait for the RPMs to come down then it will come back on with full power. I know its not too clear but best I can do I guess.

zeusha

Established Member
I'll try n post a vid of it. But is winter still around here. I took the car out and had a lil fun and this crap was going on. I didnt store it with bad fuel either. was properly winterized. But was doing this a little bit before was put up but now is REALLY bad. Do I need that PPRV delete thing to rid of this 03cobra#694?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
as far as having difficulty going into gear, do you have an aftermarket quadrant/firewall adjuster?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
^^^ Do you also have a firewall adjuster?? ...this is needed with a Clutch quadrant!

PPRV does sound like the other problem....

mach1033

Established Member
I do I brought A steeda adjustable quad. But stock shifter (I know that's a big deal)

I have the steeda quadrant along with there adjuster and shifter. My next mod will be the Cobra BoB's shifter gasket and the anti venom mod.

TorchRedSVT

Established Member
I know this may seem obvious to some, but are you turning off your traction control? Since your in NY I assume you might possibly have it enabled it will cause these symptoms in a heartbeat.

BearsFTW18

Established Member
I know this may seem obvious to some, but are you turning off your traction control? Since your in NY I assume you might possibly have it enabled it will cause these symptoms in a heartbeat.

That's the first thing I thought of lol. A lot of people forget to turn it off.

TorchRed, damn man you're making good power with that mod list!

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member

Yeah I never keep it on lol. I want to get that disabler thing that keeps it off instead of having to toggle it every time I get in the car.

zeusha

Established Member
^^^ Do you also have a firewall adjuster?? ...this is needed with a Clutch quadrant!

PPRV does sound like the other problem....

I do have the firewall adjuster. I think with getting it into gear is mostly the stock shifter though. I gotta wrestle the damn thing when Im driving with demand ya know, doesnt go in smooth. But this jerky hesitation is what im REALLY hating.

Users who are viewing this thread