Problem w/ Modern Billet Grille

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
Hey all...I have the grille setup for return to American Muscle, but figured I would pop in here and see if anyone might be able to let me know if they have run into this issue. So I received a Modern Billet black Retro grille for my birthday from my wife who bought it from American Muscle. I went to install it, everything is pretty straight forward, have the grill shell off, pop out the center section with the fog lights, go to put in the new grille, and the mounting tabs do not fall on a spot on the grill shell where it can actually mount to. I have attached some pics. The shape of the grill is correct, it is merely the mounting tabs that seem to have been placed incorrectly.

-Andy

grill problem 1.jpg
grill problem 2.jpg

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
Looking over the AM install guide it looks like they didn't put the mounting tabs in the correct place on the grill. Id give them a call.
AMGrille_zps501e7e2b.gif

Last edited:

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
I did give them a call and have a return shipping label. I just hope I don't end up with another one that was fabricated incorrectly. My wife had accidentally ordered two of these, so two came, and the other was also incorrect. I am guessing a whole batch of them went out bad.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey Andy! Yikes! This is no good and I'm sorry to see this! Can you please shoot my customer service team a call at 1-866-727-1266 so we can get a return set up for you? If there was another style that you were interested in we're more than happy to have it sent in place and we can see to it that it's inspected prior to shipping to ensure that it's correct!

I'm going to speak with our warehouse manager right now and have the remainder of our inventory frozen as it's sounding like there's definitely a quality control issue here! Shoot me a PM if you're to have any questions about this at all, I'm always around to help my fellow SVTPerf members!

Alex

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
Hey Alex...I did speak to several CSR's this morning and now have a return shipping label so it will head back to you today. This is the style of grill I want, I just want one that fits. ;-) The only other grill this style is the Roush one, which I will gladly take if you wanted to send that instead. LOL I can measure and give you the dimensions that the tabs are apart on these, and the correct ones should have them maybe 2" closer together. Anyways, let me know if you need anything before I box it back up and send it your way.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey Alex...I did speak to several CSR's this morning and now have a return shipping label so it will head back to you today. This is the style of grill I want, I just want one that fits. ;-) The only other grill this style is the Roush one, which I will gladly take if you wanted to send that instead. LOL I can measure and give you the dimensions that the tabs are apart on these, and the correct ones should have them maybe 2" closer together. Anyways, let me know if you need anything before I box it back up and send it your way.

Hey Andy,

Please shoot me a PM with your order number so I can take a look into a few things for you!

Alex

askiles

I can't stop MODDING!!!
Established Member
It looks like my replacement grill was shipped out today, so let's hope IT is the correct one.

-Andy

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I just PM'ed you Alex...

-Andy

American Muscle always taking care of their customers :)

We pride ourselves on our customer service here and I'll bend over backwards to make sure that our customers are beyond happy with our parts and our service!

I just PM'ed you Alex...

-Andy

Hey Andy,

Sorry about the delay! I just shot you a PM back! Rest assured if there's an issue with the replacement I'm here to help you any way I can and we can work with you on the Roush if you'd like to go that route. Keep me in the loop on this, I'm always around to help and I'm a PM away!

Users who are viewing this thread