problem with the car..

brittniana_Ryya

Established Member
my friend told me about this site and i have a 99 cobra thats stock. the car runs and drives fine. after about 30 minutes of driving it if you decide to flat foot it, it gets up to like 3000 to 3500 rpms and fells like a 2 step or you hit a rev limiter... but the car revs fine before that 30 minutes or so. but still drives fine just wont rev... but if you let the car sit for a while it will be fine again.... the car stays at operating temperature so its not like it overheating or anything. car has around 150000 miles. im thinking about putting a fuel pressure gauge on it first and see if its a fuel problem. maybe cop's? just trying to get an idea on where to start. i'd appreciate any help that you guys could help me with.....

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Since the condition of the car is unkown to me, I'd start with routine maint. items like fuel filter, spark plugs, clean the MAF element, etc.

You didn't mention if there was a check engine light so if there is not, definately start with the above...

brittniana_Ryya

Established Member
yea but i think it would do it all the time if it was the filter.... it only does it if you drive it more than 30 minutes continuous.... before that 30 mins it does fine, i can flat foot the car and its fine... im thinking its an electrical part malfunctioning once it gets hot....

Users who are viewing this thread