Problems after tune

SVT DAN

Established Member
It sat longer than 2-3 months. And if there is anything I have learned, it is that anything is possible. I am going to do a compression test as well when doing the plugs just for good measure.

Thanks I appreciate that bro

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Awesome its running. I'm still amazed at that horrible metal sound you had in that video you posted... even more amazed it was nothing lol.

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
ford tuff lol! hey dan we gotta get together again now that you got her going! i wish i woulda known sooner about this i woulda for sure came and gave ya a hand! glad to see it running smooth

TRBO VNM

LOL, uh Dan, didn't think you would post the vid.

I lied a little. The other thing I did first earlier in the week was set the TPS to .98 volts and I knew it wouldn't do anything with keeping the car running, but since Dan swapped throttle bodies it had to be set anyway. Of course it still didn't stay running. I did get an email file from Lund and it started right up the other night.

I did compression test today and it all came back at 175-185 range on cold motor. Popped in some new plugs and the new revised JLT intake tube. Also installed the BAP and wire upgrade.

I will check over other stuff this weekend that Dan wanted me to do and then leave it up to him about tuning.

Last edited:

SVT DAN

Established Member
LOL, uh Dan, didn't think you would post the vid.

I lied a little. The other thing I did first earlier in the week was set the TPS to .98 volts and I knew it wouldn't do anything with keeping the car running, but since Dan swapped throttle bodies it had to be set anyway. Of course it still didn't stay running. I did get an email file from Lund and it started right up the other night.

I did compression test today and it all came back at 175-185 range on cold motor. Popped in some new plugs and the new revised JLT intake tube. Also installed the BAP and wire upgrade.

I will check over other stuff this weekend that Dan wanted me to do and then leave it up to him about tuning.

Is that a good compression test reading?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I had a bad tune from other tuner . car would start and die. Found another know tuner. Loaded his tune it fired up and ran. I had 2 codes come up lean codes on both banks. Call Eric he adjusted my tune by e mail now moto runs fine. I was shocked when it ran .I still need to data log it for Eric Brooks. Only got 2.miles on my new motor and no I didn't even get on it I was idling shifting. Once data logged in fine tuned from him I will be good to go until I get 1500 miles on it.
Good Luck.!then I will meet up with him for a dyno pull and double check it just for the heck of it

Last edited:

SVT DAN

Established Member
UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES. car is alive and well. Nothing fatal at all. A Jon Lund tune was uploaded and BaDow, everything is legit. Full tune this weekend on dyno. Can't wait to see these numbers I put down. A big thanks to Jason at competition speed and sound. Best customer service ever. Basically what seemed to happen was the original tune was kinda effed up, the terrible sound is/was the lashers. Had Jason install new BAP with wire upgrades. Switched out my CAI for revised CAI. double checked my lower and posi install. I'm so anxious to drive this newly upgraded beast. I'm hoping to see more then 525 whp. Thanks for all the concerns and help from the svt community. I will post some more updates as I receive dyno numbers. Again, thanks to competition speed and sound and all y'all for input and information and concerns.

TRBO VNM

Not sure if it will be this weekend. He is getting a new dyno tomorrow and will be setup by the weekend. I think we are planning sometime next week once I work out schedule with Jon. Drivability tuning will be done this week.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES. car is alive and well. Nothing fatal at all. A Jon Lund tune was uploaded and BaDow, everything is legit. Full tune this weekend on dyno. Can't wait to see these numbers I put down. A big thanks to Jason at competition speed and sound. Best customer service ever. Basically what seemed to happen was the original tune was kinda effed up, the terrible sound is/was the lashers. Had Jason install new BAP with wire upgrades. Switched out my CAI for revised CAI. double checked my lower and posi install. I'm so anxious to drive this newly upgraded beast. I'm hoping to see more then 525 whp. Thanks for all the concerns and help from the svt community. I will post some more updates as I receive dyno numbers. Again, thanks to competition speed and sound and all y'all for input and information and concerns.

Excellent news. Can't wait to see how it does :thumbsup:

ctgreddy

Established Member
what's your setup again?

I still find it hard to believe that was the lash adjusters making that noise, but, it's gone now so who cares haha.

Users who are viewing this thread