problems pulling 97 cobra motor wont come out

8tang

Established Member
i am pulling my motor out of my 97 cobra and i got every thing unhooked and it wont come out, it has a gap between the tranny and block so i know i didnt forget any bolts, it will come up a little bit and move around but wont come up and forward any more, any ideas?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I know the server can be slow at times...
But did you have to start all the identical threads?

bvysochin

Established Member
It's a pita to take out with the tranny in it's spot.. You have to wiggle & rock the motor to get the input shaft to slide out..

I'd suggest you undo the driveshaft, drop it down, and undo the tranny mount.. Don't let the driveshaft slide out or you'll have a mess.. then jack the tranny up and try to slide it out of the motor.. It may seem like more work undoing the driveshaft and tranny, but trust me, it'll be easier that way..

Even if you get the motor out with the tranny in place, you're going to have a HELL of a time getting the motor back in without dropping the tranny.. Trust me (just did this last weekend)..

Btw.. mark the driveshaft before you take it out..

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
badass98svt said:
I know the server can be slow at times...
But did you have to start all the identical threads?

Ha Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

Seriously though, I imagine you can get it out of the car with the transmission in place, but I don't see how you can line evrything up properly with it still in the car. Just take out both.

Users who are viewing this thread