Problems setting TPS voltage

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Just installed an Accufab TB and inlet and for some reason I can't get the key on engine off TPS voltage to read higher than .93V.
It's as far clockwise as the play in the holes will allow but that's all she'll give me. The slot inside the TPS doesn't appear to be worn and if you take it loose and turn it by hand the voltage goes up.
Any ideas on what the cause of this might be? TIA.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
This happens pretty frequently when switching from the stock TB to one of the big oval units. What I and many others have done is drill out/open up the mounting holes on the TPS just a little. This will allow it to rotate a little further and give you that elusive .98v reading you're seeking.

U.M.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
OK, cool. I was thinking about enlarging the holes slightly to get the voltage right but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking some other possible cause.

AMB

Established Member
Trick Pony

Does it idle ok as it is ?? You shoudn't have to set the TPS on a 03/04 Cobra!! The computer resets/checks the TPS every time you start the car. You ONLY had to reset the TPS on older Fords!!!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Does it idle ok as it is ?? You shoudn't have to set the TPS on a 03/04 Cobra!! The computer resets/checks the TPS every time you start the car. You ONLY had to reset the TPS on older Fords!!!

Dont know about all that. I had to reset the TPS as well when I swapped my stock TB for a single blade unit.

Users who are viewing this thread