Problems w/ 2004

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Let me first say that I have tried to do a search but the system will not let me.

I had a 2003 Cobra that Ford bought back in July 2003. It had unresolved overheating problems they just could not solve, and it must have warped things as it got worse as time progressed. My question is did they do something to solve it, as I am looking at purchasing a new 2004 Cobra Convertible? Can anyone help?

Thanks

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
I've only had it 3 months/approx. 1800 miles and zero heating (or other major issues for that matter) problems.

Good luck

MY DREAM

Established Member
3,600 on mine and no engine trouble here. I say go for it and buy it! The odds of you getting a lemmon twice in a row are very, VERY slim to none.

James

Established Member
No major problems here. 16,000 miles and 14,000 miles have been pullied and chipped. DO IT NOW!!!!

ModsAway

Established Member
Do it again as long as the other small "problems" these cars have don't bother you. I.E the clunk and things of this nature.

If small things like the clunk don't bother you (doesn't bother me I can drive around it) then purchasing another one will restore your faith in muscle cars.

The vert is a nice choice to, awesome cruiser and still fast as hell.

brasil

Mordida Venenosa
Established Member
I have two lemmons. My 03 got bought back and my 04 has the tick AS WELL. Not much got resolved for 04, except for a new driveshaft for the vibe and a new program for the stall.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Well, I wasn't really going to purchase an 04 Cobra, but the wife doesn't like the new 2005 stang. I was hesitant to buy a 03 Cobra, due to some of the issues. I had a handful of issues with my 01 Lightning, but most of them have been fixed or worked themselves out.

I really don't want to get all pissed off, going through the "dealer can't fix design errors".

Are there any updates from you 2004 owners?

bkoe

Established Member
2004 coupe

had it for 6 months

so far, not one single issue
(I don't even have the clunk)

ford/svt got it right this time , for sure

good luck!

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I put a refundable deposit on an 04 Mystichrome tonight. I'll update ya'll if I decide to buy.

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I have had mine for a few months, its got 2,000 on it and has no problems. Except the throttle got stuck to the floor once.

03cobra#116

Established Member
Any problems with my first run convertible have been very minor. 32k miles and 28 months and it runs great.

Users who are viewing this thread