Problems w/KB 2.2l on Daily Drivers

Jockcobra

Powered by BOOST
Established Member
I wish KB had told me that a 3" upper and 4lb lower wasn't a good combo to use as an daily driver. They told me @ 21psi, the blower get too hot while sitting at a red light. Is this bs are what? Now my seals are gone. Please help me with more info on this matter. Blower only have 5000 miles on it. WTF:cuss:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
21 psi on a daily driver??? KB told you that was OK? What fuel were you running? I hope that you have been using race fuel.

-Jeff

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I ran 20-21 psi on a 2.2 KB for 28k miles before the main seal went out. It was daily driven on pump gas (built motor, 6lb lower, 3.1 upper)

Jockcobra

Powered by BOOST
Established Member
When I ordered my 2.2 last year. I told them that it was my daily driver and that I would also run it hard at times. They didn't tell me that it wasn't a good combo. $4000 is all they wanted to see I guess. I love my Bell, but man I fill FCKD

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
I'm confused? What went bad? The blower died on you, or your motor? I'm assuming the blower seals... I guess I don't under stand how idleing can hurt a blower, they aren't even running any boost?

Last edited:

bone

Established Member
hey jock i talked to you on a couple of pms, but mine runs at 18 and ken told me it was fine but a guy named charles at kb told me it was too much, who do you believe the owner or a tech guy,anyway i could ramble for days about kb, i like the extra power it gave me but they were pretty rude especially the owner, just got mine back took $869 to get it rebuilt.

Last edited:

bone

Established Member
EvanStang said:
I'm confused? What went bad? The blower died on you, or your motor? I'm assuming the blower seals... I guess I don't under stand how idleing can hurt a blower, they aren't even running any boost?
kb told me that when idleing it still pulling the same amount of boost, but i dont know

Jockcobra

Powered by BOOST
Established Member
The blower seals went bad on it. Thats what KB tells me anyway. Mike from KB told me that while im sitting at a red light or while idling my charger is still spining at 21psi. Im confused as well

fak3r

Bow to your sensei!!
Established Member
well shit...thats not at all good to hear. i am considering of going with a different blower for my daily driver..either whipple or KB but I dont know if its a sound idea anymore. it sounds like too many ppl have too many problems with that type of HP if the car is driven daily EVEN if boost is 18 or lower.
should i just port the blower and call it quits for the sake of the motor? i do want 600hp on constant basis though and a shot of nos wont really do that. any ideas?

Jockcobra