Problems with kennebell 2.6h

paulstang347

Established Member
First off let me say that this is my first post. I have been on this forum for years just usually reading and finding my info threw others posts. Tons of good info guys. Let me go ahead and start on this weird problem im having with my kennebell 2.6h. I first purchased the blower back in march it took roughly 4 months to get to me but long story short i finally received it. installed the kit and everything went on great. waited a couple weeks to get it dyno tuned and was only able to get 12 psi out of a 3.5 upper pulley. Is this common. I should be getting 18psi. I called kennebell and he said to check the bypass it should hold 17 inches of vacuum and 20 psi of pressure. I did the test and everything tested great i also sprayed the intake and vacuum hoses checking for a leak. None found. He did also say i could have belt slip but i see no signs and i do have a 100mm aux idler. I do have a 4lb lower i can throw on but i shouldn't need it. Curious on what you guys think, and am i missing anything. Car made good power on 12 lb 540 rwhp about 500rwtq. I want 600 and i think i can achieve it with the advertised 18 psi. Car mods are 03 cobra, 60lb injectors, dual FPDM to twin gt pumps, mafia, JLT fender intake,offroad x to flowmaster catback. 100 shot but waiting to spray till i get the boost problem figured out.
Sorry for the long post but i am trying to figure out why i cant get the boost up. Always liked kennebell but i am starting to wonder if i should have went with a whipple. Thanks again.
Paul

ZR5.0

Established Member
Did you delete the boost solenoid?
Are you at approx 1/2 way point (or tighter) on the tensioner?
I'd ditch the Mafia in favor of the correct MAF.

Users who are viewing this thread