Problems with RWTD Predator Tunes?

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
I have been lurking for a few days and I have noticed an unusual coincidence. Quite a few Predator tunes made by James at RWTD seem to have an repeating problem stumbling on WOT around 4500 RPMs - and no real response from RWTD to correct it. I haven't seen this much with other tuners, but may be wrong. I was thinking about getting a tune from James, but in light of all the issues there seems to be I think I will pass. It would be very annoying to me to have my car fall on it's face on a WOT pull next to an LS1 :nonono:

Any input on this, or if other tuners tunes are doing this as well?

Thanks,
Dan

MyT-Mouse

Established Member
never had this problem from his tunes, and i'm on my 5th. It may have something to do with KB / Whipple cars that are using a BAP though. If so trim the fuel back on the BAP to around 30% and see if it still does it.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
MyT-Mouse said:
never had this problem from his tunes, and i'm on my 5th. It may have something to do with KB / Whipple cars that are using a BAP though. If so trim the fuel back on the BAP to around 30% and see if it still does it.

I have the stock eaton - thus the same as the guy to just replied to in the post "jus installed new pulley and rwtd tune...car hesitates bad!!"

blackgtp

Established Member
I dont know much about mustangs, but I do know a little bit about cars w/ eaton blowers. If someone installs a new pulley (and therefore boosts PSI and charge temps) they may be getting knock retard and the car is pulling timing.

Zman04

Established Member
Well I just ordered a 2.93 pulley from Billetflow and tune from James at RWTD. Should have all installed by weekend. I hope everything will work fine. I talked to james last night and I felt pretty confident with him. So we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread