Problems with steeda X2's. New control arms? C/O help

bwahl602

Established Member
okay so heres the deal.. two weeks ago we installed some more suspension stuff on my mach (which has 45k on the odo). One of those parts was steeda x2 ball joints.. The driver's side ball joint required a little torch work to get out, and the control arm was uninjured, or so i thought...
So everything gets installed, the car gets aligned and we pull it off the rack and POP!!!!!! the front left is popping every time the front left suspension moves...btw its realllly loud

we discover that the popping is definitely coming from the d-side ball joint.. the pass side is fine..
we tear it down and with the suspension at full droop on the lift and the steering disconnected, you can simply turn the knuckle left and right and it will pop..its definatley the BJ. you can put your hand on the BJ and feel it pop.. and its still doing it with almost no weight on the suspension.

called steeda.. they send a replacement

install replacement, no issues. No issues for a week then popping continues.. WTF!?

I can't find any info on people having problems. I have heard of some problems with the hole in the control arm getting bigger and the new BJ not sitting tight. (this is why Ford Racing sells the C/A with BJs already in)
So maybe the d-side control arm hole got bigger? I haven't measure yet.. but it's not like the BJ is loose lol

any opinions???????

I'm really not interested in buying new control arms.. Id probably just switch to MM tubular control arms and C/Os..im ready for new struts too

opinions on what could be causing this???? im not really excited about tearing the front end down multiple times

????

bill

Users who are viewing this thread