Prochager from GT to Cobra

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Hey guys first all great website been lurking and reading since I picked up my 01 Vert think I got all the way to page 275.

Now for the questions. A friend who owns a car lot has a 02 GT on the lot with a intercooled Procharger Ps1c on it. He wants to sell the car stock and offered me the kit for a grand if I pull it and put it back stock.

Here is my questions on it.

1. I know I need a stock airbox to put back on the GT and have one lined out already. Anything else I need when pulling the kit of the GT to put the GT back stock brackets and so on.

2. The GT has I belive 42 pound green top injectors and a GMS mass air which I plan on taking and swapping to the cobra. Will my stock Injectors and mass air work on the GT. And also will the Cobra be ok stock for a while with the 42# and GMS mass air.

3. Talked to procharger and the brackets and sort that I need to convert that kit to the cobra will run me right around $700. Any thing else yall can think of that I will need like fuel pump and so on.

4. Anybody in the southeast TX or LA area you can recommend a shop for a tune when I finally get it all done. Also any thing else you might think of.

Hysteria

Established Member
RCRAMIE said:
2. The GT has I belive 42 pound green top injectors and a GMS mass air which I plan on taking and swapping to the cobra. Will my stock Injectors and mass air work on the GT. And also will the Cobra be ok stock for a while with the 42# and GMS mass air.

I run the 42# in my Cobra with 10# of boost and they're great. The injectors in your car are 24#, they'll work on his car fine.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
you will have a problem if the GT is tuned for the supercharger, if not then you are ok, if so you will have to change the ecu back to stock settings.

Also adding the procharger to your car, i strongly recommend a tune....

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
CJBlackmon said:
I run the 42# in my Cobra with 10# of boost and they're great. The injectors in your car are 24#, they'll work on his car fine.

awesome, trouble is that GTs came with 19lb injectors.

Therefore, he will need a new tune for the larger (and useless) 24lb injectors.

01yellercobra

Established Member
KingCobra10Sec said:
you will have a problem if the GT is tuned for the supercharger, if not then you are ok, if so you will have to change the ecu back to stock settings.

Also adding the procharger to your car, i strongly recommend a tune....

What he said. You might be lucky and the car is chipped. If so, pulling the chip out willl return the ECU to stock.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Yea the car is chiped already confrimed that part of it. Question is how will the car run with my mas air and injectors. I dont have a stock gt mas air and injectors to put in it.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
RCRAMIE said:
Yea the car is chiped already confrimed that part of it. Question is how will the car run with my mas air and injectors. I dont have a stock gt mas air and injectors to put in it.
shitty

RCRAMIE

Established Member
quadcammer said:

Thats what I was worried about so I need to pick up a stock mass air or leave the GMS and 42# on the GT.

If the price wasnt so good damnt.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
go to a junkyard and see if you can gind the MAF off a wrecked stang. or go to the for sale sections on boards looking for stock stuff. people usually sell it cheap/

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
wow! this is a hell of a deal. i had no idea that the Cobra and GT kits could be converted so cheaply. just find those stock GT parts and you'll still be way under what most people would spend to go supercharged(including myself!). :thumbsup:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
The 650 quote from procharger was for intake tube main bracket crossover tube and some other parts.
Anybody have a stock mass air and injectors for sale?

Also while junkyard shoping any other vehicle to look at for the injectors and mass air I have a 4.6 sohc thunderbird that can sit for a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
im looking into doing this as well.

aside from the bracket, what are the other lil 'tidbits' needed to make a GT blower fit my cobra? the owner of the gt is going KB, so no need to make his car stock.

sorry if its a hijack. I made a simular thread but just got one response with a link to this thread :bash::read:

RCRAMIE

Established Member
Call the supercharger company thats what I did. Prochrager gave me a list and price on everything need to swap it over. Its not that much stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread