Prochamber Question

03SCCOBRA

Established Member
Those with the MAC prochamber have you had a clearance issues, or any issues at all?? Debating if I want to get a prochamber or if I just want to order the offroad H-pipe. Did those with the prochamber think it sounds better then just an offroad H? Any input or suggestions?

2814v

Established Member
I am real happy with the way mine tucks up tight , no clearance or speed bump problems. Cant help you on sound, I have cats, off road H will be loader then my set-up.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
2814v said:
I am real happy with the way mine tucks up tight , no clearance or speed bump problems. Cant help you on sound, I have cats, off road H will be loader then my set-up.
Did one of your flanges hang down lower than the other on your pro chamber? When I installed mine there was a clearance issue more with one of the flanges than anything else. The whole setup was nice and tight except for the driver side pipe leaving the prochamber going to the c/b.

But to answer the ? Overall I'm happy with it. Got it since everyone said the stingers were ungodly loud with an o/r pipe. They sound good now, but I could actually do louder myself. An o/r H will be louder than a pro chamber, keep in mind. Hope that helps.

GTE

Established Member
O/R H is louder than the Prochamber? Can anyone else confirm that?

If so, that sucks because I just ordered the prochamber. My brother has a 98 Cobra with flows & o/r h. When he is driving (not racing) next to me, I can barely hear my car with a catted bassani X & bassani CB.

I want it to be as loud as his.

edit. I have an 04 Cobra

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
GTE said:
O/R H is louder than the Prochamber? Can anyone else confirm that?

If so, that sucks because I just ordered the prochamber. My brother has a 98 Cobra with flows & o/r h. When he is driving (not racing) next to me, I can barely hear my car with a catted bassani X & bassani CB.

I want it to be as loud as his.

edit. I have an 04 Cobra
YES, a o/r H is louder, but you're still gonna be loud...

GTE

Established Member
I guess we will find out soon. It came in today. about to go put it on as soon as I get off my lazy ass.

BoneCrusher

Established Member
The O/R H is a little louder IMO, but the Prochamber is a deep, clean sound. No popping and crackling and it is plenty loud with my magnapacks. I haven't had any clearance issues and for my tastes I do like it much more than the O/R pipes.

DCHall

Established Member
I just installed the Prochamber last week. Fits in nice and it actually tucked in a little more than the stocker.

It's not as loud as a O/R hpipe but deeper than a xpipe. It has a nice, clean sound to it like the other guy said. It sounds good with my Super 40's.

Users who are viewing this thread