Procharged 01

SWFLGT

Established Member
Hello SVTP! This is my first post here and I look forward to chatting with everyone. I currently own a 1998 GT and a 2001 Cobra. The GT was going to be my toy but the Cobra fell into my lap in April and I have since changed directions. I am really looking forward to beginning work on her.

My plans are to build her up over time and one day have a dedicated strip car but that is way out and until then it will be my weekend warrior. The only mods on the car are an O/R X, Flowmaster 44's dumped and SRA swap. I have a D-1SC with 3 core FMIC waiting to be installed as soon as the mounting bracket and pulley arrives from Procharger.

I know I am doing this a little backwards but a forged short block and fuel system are in the works and hopefully will be installed by Spring. Until then I will run a conservative tune and hope I don't pop anything.

I am being told that I should see 10-11 psi but I have concerns with the 255 lph pump I have and it maybe not supporting that. Should I go ahead and opt for a 340 lph pump or will the 255 hold me over until Spring? I am estimating the SC will put me around 400rwhp, any better guesses out there?

Any and all input is encouraged!

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
I went straight to twin Cobra pumps on my set up. You'll need injectors and a MAF as well.

SWFLGT

Established Member
You will want to upgrade to 03 tank and pumps. I had a 255lph and it is maxed on 8psi.

I went straight to twin Cobra pumps on my set up. You'll need injectors and a MAF as well.

I am planning to go to a sumped tank with an A1000 as soon as I have the coin for everything. It looks like the 255 isn't going to cut it for the time being maybe a 340 would suffice for now?

I already have 60# injectors and a MAF as well so no worries in that department.

green99_svt

Established Member
the issue is the canister the pump sits in runs dry. Some guys cut holes in the canister to help. You could try it and may hold you over.

SWFLGT

Established Member
I will look into that more, I have seen it mentioned a couple of times. Thanks green.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I am planning to go to a sumped tank with an A1000 as soon as I have the coin for everything. It looks like the 255 isn't going to cut it for the time being maybe a 340 would suffice for now?

I already have 60# injectors and a MAF as well so no worries in that department.

Unless you're looking for 900+ you don't need a sump and an A1000. Even then you wouldn't need it. For that price you can probably get an 03 tank with a Division X or Fore hat. With the right pumps those will flow enough for you.

Last edited:

SWFLGT

Established Member
Unless you're looking for 900+ you don't need a sump and an A1000. Even then you wouldn't need it. For that price you can probably get an 03 tank with a Division X or Fore hat. With the right pumps those will flow enough for you.

I am sure you are right, I know I do not need it right now but if spending the money why not have it set up once and have plenty of room to grow? I'm going on the recommendation of my tuner and this is how he has a number of cars set up at the shop. We are talking about 25+ psi in the end though I don't know where that would put me HP wise.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A friend of mine is running a set up like Cobra Drifters with his Whipple 3.4. He's pushing 25-26psi and is making about 790rwhp.

I'm just saying a sumped tank isn't needed. Personally I'd rather run in tank pumps.

Last edited:

SWFLGT

Established Member
I gotcha man, I do appreciate the insight. Maybe I should investigate further, I do like the idea of in tank pumps, it makes for a cleaner look I think.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have plans for big power and dont want to have to have the tank dropped again to bump it up. Go big and do it once saves money too. :)
Should be pushing 20-30 lbs

I understand that. I'm really hoping the next time I drop the tank is the last time. Everything I've seen shows the 465's should be good for what I want. And they can be run with E85 in case I decide to try that out.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
When I ran that setup (stock motor and D-1SC), I went with an SVT Focus pump with a KB BAP (Boost-A-Pump). I ran 10 psi and made ~435rwhp if memory serves me correctly. Inexpensive and works. At least for a temporary solution untilm you build that motor!

SWFLGT

Established Member
When I ran that setup (stock motor and D-1SC), I went with an SVT Focus pump with a KB BAP (Boost-A-Pump). I ran 10 psi and made ~435rwhp if memory serves me correctly. Inexpensive and works. At least for a temporary solution untilm you build that motor!

Thanks for the input man. I may just go ahead and throw this pump in and see what happens. I already have it so it isn't going to cost me anything but time to try it out.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Just make sure whatever pump you have is designed for returnless fuel systems. The old standard walbro 225 will live a short life in your car.

SWFLGT

Established Member
Just make sure whatever pump you have is designed for returnless fuel systems. The old standard walbro 225 will live a short life in your car.

Thanks, I have I think a vortec 265 actually, I will have to verify and check the part number to be sure if it is going to work with my return less system.

SWFLGT

Established Member
I finished up the SC install and have been working on her when I can. After some more research I think I've decided on the return style fuel system from On3 with twin 340's, it looks like a pretty nice kit and has some decent feedback. I am going to wait for the E85 compatible pumps though so I only have to do it once. I'm thinking I will use the Division X rails.

A work in progress

20140902_203307_zpso8ke3r76.jpg

20140906_172435_zpsi9cqwzxz.jpg

20140925_001717_zpsavywk7iv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread