Procharged Fox Body vs. 1986 turbo Dodge shelby charger "

Blachatch

Established Member
Here is another vid of some cleveland racing Cars are 1989 Mustang gt. vs a 1986 dodge shelby charger (very rare car)

1989 Mustang:
306ci
AFR heads
holly systemax intake
Procharger D1SC at 11lbs

1986 Dodge shelby charger:
built 2.2 or 2.4 litre block not sure..
gt35r turbo 18-20psi of boost
(street tires)

Best of 3 runs Enjoy

http://www.shockerjoe.com/Vids/surgeon.wmv

NXGHOST

Established Member
I was actually going for the Shelby! LOL. Don't know what the Shelby had done but not that much. They are easy low 12's with just a few boost tricks! Heres a few pics of mine I had.

shelb.jpg

shelbb.jpg

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Damn foxbody did major ownage!! damn always luved those cars!! I wonder what was done to it

IS THAT A COCACOLA CAN!! thats some smart shyt bro!!

Last edited:

NXGHOST

Established Member
Every time I popped the hood... "Whats with the coke can!?". I just did it to dress up the engine bay. I simply cut a coke can and wrapped it around the coil under the coil bracket. Looked real neat and the red went with the red engine scheme.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
Bringing back major memories here. I remember these cars from high school, they came in blue with silver, maroon with silver and black with silver. Then in around 86 or 87 they had an all black one that was intercooled. I had a buddy with one and another friend with a new 86 5.0 GT, both stock. They were pretty even back then. Funny thing is that I had an 81 Dodge Omni 024 that looked almost identical to the charger. I think in 84 or 85 they changed the name to charger and put a bigger 4 banger in them. Maybe I can find an old pic and scan it in for you guys. LOL

NXGHOST

Established Member
Just to clarify. The pics of the Shelby I posted are not the car in the video. If it was the fox would have lost! LOL.

Bel-Dooch

Established Member
Yes it does bring back memories, I had a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z. I loved that car. It was fast for what it was. Back then people didn't know what they know now about turbos. I'd love to have another one. There's one that runs around Fayetteville NC thats a mid 11 second car.

Sweet video.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
Nice vid. Foxes Rule!!! :rockon: That does bring back memories. Dodge had some trick 4-bangers that could easily be modified and could easily fool unsuspecting victims. Anyone remember the turboed Omni? With very few mods, these Omnis could hit 13's in the 1/4, easily.

Users who are viewing this thread