Procharged GT goes down

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Ok, so maybe it wasn't a fair fight, but that's not my fault :p I was out Sat night looking for a lil action, truck's been out of commision for five months, had to see what she could do with the new setup. I find a 99+ Mustang GT and an 80's Camaro lined up at the light, so I pull over to the right hand lane. Light goes green, I floor it, DR's spin once or twice and then hook and I'm off. I let off at around 90-95, having multiple lengths on the GT and can't even see the Camaro. Come to find out the GT is Procharged, 380rwhp, ran 12.8@111 on street tires. Might be a closer race on some stickies, but he didn't have a chance on street tires. It was my first race and kill in over five months, so I just figured I'd share it. :burnout:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Yeah, he was a lil shocked. I guess he didn't see me there, cause he asked his buddy if I blew the light (had a running start when it turned green), his buddy laughed and told him that I ran from a dead stop just like they did :thumbsup: I'm definitely loving the new DR's. Not sure how long they're gonna last tho, they're just too much fun.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
SVTHorsnake said:
what does your truck redline at stock and now and how do you tune it?
Redline technically is up around 7K, but I don't run mine past 6K, pcm shifts at 5400, occasionally I'll run the 2-3 shift up to 58-5900 manually. Not much for tuning, aux injectors with an SS box (rebadged by Paxton), rising rate regulator, inline pump. Gotta start messing with the aux injector tuning tomorrow. Running really rich down low, just to keep it together up top, but it's still leaning out to around 12.5 on the shift (10-11lbs of boost on the 5400 shift). I wish we could tune like you guys can, I have to go full standalone to be able to tune like that, and it's about $2500 for our trucks. I'll go standalone one of these days, probably when I do the forged 408 ;-)

scott818

Banned
Nice kill man. I love those R/T's. My buddy has a 99 in that metallic blue color. People gotta watch out for those trucks when they start breathing heavy. Even as a Lightning owner I still watch out for those with some serious mods on em.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
bad360rt said:
Redline technically is up around 7K, but I don't run mine past 6K, pcm shifts at 5400, occasionally I'll run the 2-3 shift up to 58-5900 manually. Not much for tuning, aux injectors with an SS box (rebadged by Paxton), rising rate regulator, inline pump. Gotta start messing with the aux injector tuning tomorrow. Running really rich down low, just to keep it together up top, but it's still leaning out to around 12.5 on the shift (10-11lbs of boost on the 5400 shift). I wish we could tune like you guys can, I have to go full standalone to be able to tune like that, and it's about $2500 for our trucks. I'll go standalone one of these days, probably when I do the forged 408 ;-)

what's an SS box?

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
scott818 said:
Nice kill man. I love those R/T's. My buddy has a 99 in that metallic blue color. People gotta watch out for those trucks when they start breathing heavy. Even as a Lightning owner I still watch out for those with some serious mods on em.
Thanks! They definitely have potential, and they're getting faster all the time. Just takes a lil longer for us, little to no aftermarket support, and none of the tuning options that you guys have (yes, I'm jealous LOL).

Users who are viewing this thread