Procharger Bypass valve

bobster

Established Member
I'm experiencing the bypass valve releasing boost at WOT just before it shifts (a6 car) it may actually be causing it to short shift. Trying to figure out what would cause a bypass valve to fully open at WOT over 6k? Talked to procharger, they said it could be the diaphragm in the valve so I'll have to check that but was wondering if anybody else ever experienced anything like this or has any other ideas?

BV600

Established Member
No issue on my 2012 m6 d1sc with the little proflo and no issue with my 2014 with the big red. How much boost?

bobster

Established Member
it's the box stock 7.5 psi kit. I did the test Procharger told me to do which is hold my finger over the vacuum port of the bypass valve and see if it holds and it did seem to hold so I have no idea what would cause this releasing of boost at WOT right before shifts? Belt slip?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
maybe it's a bad bypass valve? I have my spare one, if you want I can send it to you and just have you pay for shipping?

calgarybandit

Established Member
Do a manual vacuum test it should hold 20 PSI easy, I had an issue with my Vortech BV-57 and the seal on the coupler was bad and it was bleeding boost at 5500 RPM.

Bad Intention

Established Member
I have the Big red Race valve and was having issue with it floating open under load. Sound like a machine gun. Valve was shuttering open and closed just enought to break seal. I ended up having to run bigger vacuum line from BOV to vacuum manifold.

MG01GT

Established Member
Funny, I was just about to make a post about this very issue Im having as well. My Big Red is not holding much boost under load, esspecially in 3rd and 4th gears. You can actually hear it pretty audiably. Think that maybe I need to run bigger vaccum line all the way?

Users who are viewing this thread