Procharger F1A on a stock '13

texican

Established Member
I found a really good deal on an F1A, am I crazy to put this on? I was looking at the Roush TVS but for the deal I'm getting it'll be hard to pass up. If tuned down to be safe for daily driving does anyone forsee any problems? It's going in an automatic and I will be (at a minimum) upgrading the driveshaft and exhaust. Any reason NOT to get it, let me know. Thanks.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
i'm about to switch to a F1-a.

If you have an auto, larger injectors, BAP, colder plugs and a good tune with a reasonable amount of boost (8-12) psi. You will be fine/why havent you got it yet?

Bloo

Established Member
Don't buy it and PM me the details on this amazing deal. I'm in DFW too. Lol.

texican

Established Member
i'm about to switch to a F1-a.

If you have an auto, larger injectors, BAP, colder plugs and a good tune with a reasonable amount of boost (8-12) psi. You will be fine/why havent you got it yet?

I just found out about it 20 minutes ago... and I'm in Iraq :shrug: I kind of figured more fuel, possibly a smaller pulley, just didn't know if it would still be too much. It's making 720 to the wheels now which is more than I want at the moment but definitely leaves options open for later. As for boost, would anything over 8.5-9psi be safe on the stock internals. I'll be in the Texas heat, but we do have 93. I haven't had much time to research this stuff yet, thanks again.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I just found out about it 20 minutes ago... and I'm in Iraq :shrug: I kind of figured more fuel, possibly a smaller pulley, just didn't know if it would still be too much. It's making 720 to the wheels now which is more than I want at the moment but definitely leaves options open for later. As for boost, would anything over 8.5-9psi be safe on the stock internals. I'll be in the Texas heat, but we do have 93. I haven't had much time to research this stuff yet, thanks again.

you mean larger pulley? 8.5-9 psi would be perfect for a stock motor. I'm planning on running 12-13 psi with meth on my stock motor when i have mine.

Just get a meth kit if you're worried about the heat.

BV600

Established Member

Civilian?

texican

Established Member
Yeah, after 3 deployments with the Air Force making way less I decided to try out the contractor gig. Things have changed out here. But the money is great and it gives me the ability to buy toys I don't need to blow-up a car I don't fully own yet!

01bluesnake

Established Member
You will be fine. A good tune and keeping the power moderate will be the main concern. I ran a F1 on a stock 4.6 dohc which are questionable past 450-475whp and had no problems. I ran a 4.5" pulley and still made almost 500whp running out of fuel, but thats getting off topic of your original question lol.

jj6077

Established Member
Yeah, after 3 deployments with the Air Force making way less I decided to try out the contractor gig. Things have changed out here. But the money is great and it gives me the ability to buy toys I don't need to blow-up a car I don't fully own yet!

Smart move... the first half at least lol. I took a different route and decided to go to college with the GI bill. If only I can go back in time.....

r.barn

Established Member
Wait, I thought Obama won Iraq and we left ?

Get the blower. no worries. Stock internals will handle it. Other than the annoying whistling sound that centri's make.

texican

Established Member
Smart move... the first half at least lol. I took a different route and decided to go to college with the GI bill. If only I can go back in time.....

My wife and daughter will be using my GI Bill and Hazlewood Act, if I decide to head back to school my company will pay for it, I lucked out.

Is this f1 on a kona blue? HP is same as one I know of in dfw area.

Yeah, he's got this kit and an F1R, not sure how much for that one though. And it looks like I'm going to go ahead and get it, just trying to get a buddy of mine to find time to swing by and check it all out. I was only planning on a tune and DR's for now, I guess that's out the window.

95SC

Banned
If you're planning to drive your car alot then stay away from F series Prochargers ,they're crazy loud

texican

Established Member
If noise is the ony downside I'll live with it, the fast food places might hate it but oh well! It'll probably only be my DD for a short time, hell I probably won't get back from Iraq for good until the middle of 2014.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I have an F1 on my Camaro. They're finicky in the heat.

I've had nothing but problems with mine. It's why I switched to Vortech. Mustangs may be different though.

Users who are viewing this thread