Procharger...Fuel Pump

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
K so I'm gonna strap a p1sc on the 01 with 42lb injectors and see if we can hold the motor together for the summer. Should be fun.

Anyways lets talk fuel pump. It is my understanding that the stock 01 cobra pump is garbage.

Someone said get Ford GT and someone said Focus.

What is the most cost effective option here that will plug in an play. I'd rather not drop the $600 to get an 03-04 cobra tank and pumps if I don't have to.

Appreciate the info!

oneboredguy

Established Member
My car went thru 3 focus pumps. Luckily I have 2 so I could creep it home. I got twin walbro's and havent had an issue since. That should be plenty of fuel for your car. I wouldnt even get a KB Boost a Pump for what you have.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a walbro 255 LPH pump. It's worked perfectly for me ever since I installed it.

Funny note: When I originally installed my Walbro 255 along with the rest of the procharger kit, I started the car, and it only idled and ran for 5 minutes and then died out. Turns out the pump siezed up. Boy am I glad I wasn't on the dyno when that happened. In the meantime, I put the factory 99 cobra pump back in and ran it on the dyno. The factory pump supported over 461 WHP at the time!

Go with the Walbro 255. It's a cheap easy bolt in solution. Or you could go with an 03 cobra hat / pumps.

Homer

v6mustang164

Established Member
I have a focus pump from vmptuning and it is runs great. You need a 03-04 tank to properly run the dual 03-04 style pumps. Side note when you replace the pump watch out for the lip on the fuel tank because it is sharp and nicked a hole in my in-tank fuel line so I had to replace it.

dadro77

Deez nuts....
Established Member
Sometimes it is worth the money to be safe. I would get the Cobra with duel pumps and call it a day.....

matt87

Established Member
thought the walbros were not meant to be used in the returnless setup of the 99-01 cobras?? read the sticky at the top about blowers, says they will eventually fail cause of the variable voltage. dont be cheap here, get the 03/04 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread