Procharger installed - yeah, I'm happy :-)

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Well, just got off the phone with NextGen Autosport.... my 01 Cobra build is almost comeplete (just a few things left to do) but Dan let me know the numbers that the new combo put down.

451.0 RWHP - 404.0 RWTQ

Not too bad for a stock bottom end 4.6 4-valve running only 8 pounds of boost (EDIT: it's actually closer to 10 lbs of boost - see post #11). Engine/power mods are P1SC w/3 core intercooler, 60mm Acufab TB, 90mm Lightning MAF, JBA 1 5/8" jet-black shortie headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Magnapack cat-back, 42# injectors, focus pump, & LDC cooling mod. Overall, very happy with the new numbers. :D

Gonna pick it up next week :thumbsup:

Last edited:

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Great numbers!! Congrats on the new setup, now all you need is a 150 shot of NX and you will much happier :rockon: JK, hurry up and gets some pics :beer:

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
Very nice . Now you and the wife can race the cobra's. It should be a good race. Did you get a BOV too? Those sound so awsome.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Very impressive numbers off of 8 psi. I'm sure she screams. The LDC cooing mod should help your longevity too. Looks like you did it right.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
WOW that is amazeing for only 8 lbs. Im running 9 and making 20 less HP then you. our tq is the same but damn! What is your AF like and timeing accross the curve. Just be weary. If your not there to see the tune then He might scale it back a little to be safe on the final tune. Mine was making a little more then yours but AFR was at 12:1 and timeing was higher then My current set up. So to be safe we tuned it to 11.5:1 and slightly lower timeing. Currious to know what your AFR is.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I went in to visit the shop today before I had to go in for work and learned a few things... which will shed some light on the numbers and answer a few questions that were asked.

type911: Even though I bought the 8lb kit - the blower is actually making closer to 10lbs. Why this is occuring we don't know precisly, however I did have to replace my stock harmonic balancer with an aftermarket one, and it may be slightly larger. I will have to look into the specs on that... and I should have an answer forthcomming on why this is occuring.

The numbers are on a "race tune" - air/fuel avaraging 11.5/1 but with 21 degrees of timing. I have a street tune that makes 430+ RWHP at 13 degrees of timing. The "race tune" was done using 91 octane gas on a cool day - but I will use this tune only when I mix some race gas into the tank (5 gals of 100 octane in the tank and the rest 91 Octane gets me to about 94 octane). I plan on keeping 10 gals of the 100 octane handy all the time :-D

Also, the shop sent me data files for all the runs, but I am unable to view them, even with the Dynojet software installed (I don't know if he sent me the complete run files, or even if I have the right software installed to read them). I'll have to figure out how to get that stuff to work next week. But the point here is that the shop is not trying to hide anything.. and I'll soon be able to view all the runs and see what type of timing curve, a/f, ect. so I know what I've got. The tuner (Dan) is a close personal friend, so the trust IS there - of that I have zero reservations about.

99flblackcobra: I'm using the BOV that Procharger sent - and Dan said it's loud enough to hear quite easily after you get off the throttle. He says it sounds bad ass - so I'm looking forward to hearing it myself when I go for a test drive this week before I take the beast home.

Wicked01: The LDC Cooling Mod creates a direct flow path of coolant through the driver's side head. The passenger side head already has this direct path on the stock motor. Instead of the coolant having to work its way forward to exit the driver's side head, after installing the cooling mod kit, it flows through a new fitting and out the back of the head. This keeps the #7 & #8 cylinder temps more in line with the rest of the engine. Basically it's just a safety precaution to prevent those cylinders from getting too hot and detonating and/or melting a piston.

Here's a link...
http://www.ldcchicago.com/products_CM.htm

"SNAKIE": Sure thing bro. I'll have the car at the EBM meet next week :thumbsup:

Pics? I grabbed a few. The front radiator cover hasn't been installed yet, but you can get the general idea ;-)

DSC00007_535724.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

I'll post up the info on the runs as soon as I can get my hands on 'em.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread