Procharger on 96-98 Cobras

SELLSZ06

Established Member
Ive been looking into buy a 96-98 Cobra to be my daily driver. Iam thinking about going straight to a blower, but it needs to be reliable. Leanning torwards P-1sc kit, or the d-1sc, but I need it to be a kit with matching fuel systems and tune. How reliable are they? Can I get the d-1 as a kit, or do they only come as a "tuner" kit? What kind of power are they making with a mild tune? How are they compared to Vortech? Thanks for any advice.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Running a P1 with a built motor and put down 510 on 13 psi making about 15 now with this weather. Car runs like stock until you open it up.

rich_long

O's Fan Rich
Established Member
If you go to www.procharger.com and look around, you'll get some onf. Then do a dealer search there and find someone local you might like to work with. They can hook you up. I do not think that ATI/Procharger supplies the kits, just the parts to their dealers.

2stangBK

Established Member
Bought my Vert with a P1SC already on it. Safe tune with 6 psi and runs like a top. Very reliable and makes right at 400 to the wheels with the usual bolt ons also. Service for the SC is suggested every 6k, just pull the plug on the bottom and refill with procharger oil. I generally change mine every engine oil change to keep things simple though.When I sell this car I will definately use Procharger on the next car as well. Not sure about the D-1 kits but the website should tell you as mentioned above.
BK

Last edited:

ELESWON

Wants a Boss 302 bad!!
Established Member
Send a PM to VenemousSVT, his name is Travis, we did a D1SC on his 01 Cobra. Its a built-motor car, he's right at 550 rwhp, he's seen 610 with more timing but he drives the car a good bit, so he keeps it safe.

We did another car, a 2002 GT, stock motor, with a D1SC and made 415 rwhp, very safe tune, daily driven car. I just ran into the owner the other day at the grocery store (yes in his GT lol) and its still going strong.

Bottom line, Procharger makes a GREAT product that works well (unless you own an 03 Cobra, and I still don't understand why that system never took off). And yes, Prochargers have a very distinctive sound, sort of like some manner of alien food processor from hell designed to eradicate birds and small animals. More "gritty" as opposed to a Vortech is a smoother "whistle".

Users who are viewing this thread