procharger problems blown motor

Cobra281

Established Member
Alright guys I am in trouble:bash: I just had a 6lb p-1sc installed on my 98' Cobra and had it tuned. About a day after a got my car back the engine died on me and was making funny sounds. I pulled the valve covers off and all of the roller rockers on the passengers side of the car had been blown off and cracked and there was no compression:cuss: I never took the car past 6500rpm and couldn't imagine this happening @ 6psi. Anyone know how this could have happened the car has 42,000 miles, and am I looking at a new engine? :nonono:

scothew_gt

Established Member
You need to talk to the installer and see what all they did as far as the tune, plugs, other stuff like that. Every detail needs to be considered to find out what happened. 6lbs of boost shouldnt have made the motor let go that soon at all. I think there was negligence somewhere in there, but I could be totally wrong. Please investigate it more before you make any accusations though.

Cobra281

Established Member
The installer had no idea what had happen and said that he had never seen or heard of this before. I have talked to some other reputable shops in So Cal and they all gave me the same answer, they had never heard of this. The tune was good, the car ran great for about a day and then all of a sudden it just shut down. I think I am going to tow it to Ford so they can tear the engine down and see if anything else is wrong.

USMCracing

Established Member
Damn I'm sorry man, That sucks. I wouldn't take it to Ford. You're going to pay out the ass with them. It'd be cheaper to get a short block and to have the heads ported and stuff. Good Luck

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Yeah, I'd tear it down and see what went bad and why. In the meantime, short block it and put her back on the road if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread