procharger question

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
anybody who has a procharger on their cobra where did u splice into the vacuum line on the manifold for the line on the surge valve.

bbosncali

Established Member
Yeah. Be Careful Not To Run To Much Boost. Anything Over 6 Psi Is To Much Trust Me I Just Installed Mine With About 40,000 On The Engine Running At About 10psi And On Day 4 The Rod Went Through My Block So Be Careful And Good Luck

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
bbosncali said:
Yeah. Be Careful Not To Run To Much Boost. Anything Over 6 Psi Is To Much Trust Me I Just Installed Mine With About 40,000 On The Engine Running At About 10psi And On Day 4 The Rod Went Through My Block So Be Careful And Good Luck

i m running a 4 inch pulley at 8 psi, i havent heard of anyone having problems as long as u dont go over 8 with a stock bottom end. did u have a good tune on it because that might have been a problem. i am thinking about getting the sct sf programmer with a custom tune from texas hot rods,anybody have a tune like that.

01yellercobra

Established Member
bbosncali said:

I read your post. It sounds like your tune was bad and you probably didn't take it easy on the car. I had 12psi on mine and my motor is still running fine. I also knew better then to jump on it without a decent tune.

I ran the vacuum line for the bypass to where the FRPS is. I installed a T fitting there and haven't had any problems.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
bbosncali said:

I run 10psi on the street and about 12psi at the track with a bone stock engine and D1SC, no problems for over a year now.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
bbosncali said:

Either someone gave you a really bad tune, or you ran it hard without a tune.

sucks man, well it will save you time on procrastinating on getting a built bottom end.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
In repsonse to the original question though, the vacuum line is behind the intake. can send u a pic if you need help

01 Venom

Established Member
bbosncali said:

Ya man, your situation was way different. You didnt do your home work. Plenty of people here running 8-12 pounds. Drive like a human with proper equipment and you will be fine.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
bbosncali said:

Yea man I've talked to some tuners and guys who also have the procharger. They run anywhere from 8-12 psi on a stock bottom end with no problems. It's all in the tune. I plan on running 8-10 when i install mine. I know it does suck though that you had that whole thing happen to you cuz of a crappy/no tune.

Users who are viewing this thread