procharger seals

svtlightning95

Established Member
my p1-sc procharger headunit is leaking fluid everywhere, i cant justify sending it back to ati toget raped. has anyone else out here had one apart or could give some words of advice as to what or what not to do, and where to acquire the seals? any help is greatly apprecitated

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I have mine apart right now to rebuild it. I'm getting my parts from superchargerrebuild.com. They also have the seals for $70, or you can send it to him and have them done for $250.

codip426

Durrp
Established Member
I bought all the seals for 90 bucks. You can do it yourself but I don't reccomend it unless you have the proper tools to set the seals.

On my blower, the front seal was leaking something bad. I had it replaced and it came out nice, no more leaks.

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
This appears to be a common problem with Procharger blowers. One friend has had three, and they all leaked. Another buddy has a P1SC on his Mach 1, and a D1SC on his C6, and guess what? Both leaking.

The solution is to vent the internal pressure that causes them to leak. Here's one write-up that I found by Googling "procharger leak fix":

It's simple really, just vent the ProCharger oil dip stick. See attached as it is installed. Ordered an additional oil dip stick from ProCharger ($20). Cut off the flexible dip stick which just left the threaded plug. Drilled a 1/16" hole in the top and down through the threaded plug. The drilling was on a drill press and is a slow tedious process to drill a hole that small through steel 1" thick. It's easy to break a drill bit if not dirlling slow enough. Purchased a 1/4" brass 90 degree barb fitting which I cut off at a 45 degree angle in the middle. Ground the barb fitting down where it was cut off to be a bit smaller. Then brazed it to the top of the threaded plug. Made sure air would flow from one end to the other.

Next, I purchased a rear brake Kawasaki dirt bike master cylinder plastic resevoir with cap and diaphram. Also purchased a foot of 1/4" vinal hose to connect the two. Drilled a 1 mm hole in both the plastic cap and the rubber diaphram for venting purposes.

Tested the unit under idle and WOT. It is NOT slinging any oil out the top of the ProCharger as no oil was visable in the vent tube. It is venting though which was the purpose of trying to release the internal pressure.

ProChargerVent1-2.jpg

This was on a V6, but you can use this basic principle to take care of the problem. Good luck!

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
^ That's interesting. Looks like that would work. Had my a Procharger for years on my previous setup and it never leaked a bit. I've heard plenty of horror stories though.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
I spent alot on mine to get it to stop leaking, then the blowby started and it didn't matter anyhow cuz the bypass was now spraying oil all over the belt..FML

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
what are you all doing wrong to have so many leaking problems? lol

depending on what you're replacing, it's easy to do. disassembling and assembling is cake work.

svtlightning95

Established Member
you guys are so helpful, thank god for this website, my cobra and i would be lost without it! haha. thats a intresting venting idea, i will be looking into that. i can wrestle up the proper tools to do it with. i also found superchargerrebuild.com. was a dream come true!

Whistler98

Established Member
I remember a guy on modular depot forum using seals he got from napa. He did a whole write up but it was yrs ago I printed it out but don't have the write up saved on the computer. Mine hasn't ever leaked its been about 2-3yrs now so I've never tore into mine yet.

Last edited:

B0B

Established Member
had mine for 5 years and have never had a leak. but if you've thrown a belt it can cause leaking issues where the belt tears up the seal.

yup..just got done putting a new input seal in my procharger. $27 shipped from superchargerrebuild.com. its working great so far.

Users who are viewing this thread