Procharger VS Whipple

Whitefive.2

Established Member
What should I get for the Voodoo and why? I didnt see alot of people with a Whipple for some reason.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Tagging this. What happened with the Lethal Whippled GT350?

I'd like to finally get a GT350 and do a whipple or a procharger as well, but the silence from the Lethal team has me concerned. Is 800rwhp the breaking point? Is this why Hennessy is upgrading the rods and pistons?

Whitefive.2

Established Member
Tagging this. What happened with the Lethal Whippled GT350?

I'd like to finally get a GT350 and do a whipple or a procharger as well, but the silence from the Lethal team has me concerned. Is 800rwhp the breaking point? Is this why Hennessy is upgrading the rods and pistons?
i saw two gt350s on youtube passing that with the prochargers + E85, also theres one with whipple passing 800

ITSTOCK

Established Member
i saw two gt350s on youtube passing that with the prochargers + E85, also theres one with whipple passing 800

Lethal has a dyno video too. Are they holding up to it is the question, and more importantly, are they holding up to it for racing (not just a dyno run here and there).

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I to would like to get more info on this as well..If I decide to keep my 350, I want to add boost soon

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I would like to put a blower in my car but i have two issues. BJ of VMP perf wont put one in there GT350 mule do to Fords design issues and secondly ... some of these motors eat oil and i fall into that category ... mine isnt severe but I have been monitering it for a bout the last 5ooo miles and its about a quart every 1200 miles

don

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
No ..... it was on a different forum for the GT500. Just read a thread from him about you'll never see a blower on our car and this is what we do for a living.

I just messaged him and if he responds back I will let you know why

don

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
I know BJ has the ears of FRPP and Ford SVT engineers.

BJ responded:

"Ford highly recommends against it. There have been failures. Its the high compression ratio in conjunction with the cross plane crank"

don

johnkn

Established Member

BJ responded:

"Ford highly recommends against it. There have been failures. Its the high compression ratio in conjunction with the cross plane crank"

don

With that said, would a low boost TT like we've recently seen work better? What does it take to spin a Whipple 8000 rpm? 50hp? More? Appears 6psi 55mm TT could do 700rwhp on 93 octane and be ~50-75 hp easier on the motor.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member

BJ responded:

don
Yea this was 1 concern of mine, the compression is just not setup to handle boost hence if you do it is recommended no more than 9psi..So if I decide to run boost, it will be no more than 7psi

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
low boost IF you do it is the only way to go. The other issue that hasnt been brought up is alot of owners are seeing oil consumption out of these engines beyond the normal standards, mine included. Im already aware of several owners who have had complete engine replacements on there barely new GT350 motor. Boosting a motor would increase this issue in my opinion.
My oil consumtion issues have remained stable and consistent ... hasnt gotten worse or better after 8000 miles and I burn about a quart every 1200 miles

don

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no one has pushed the HP on the cross plane crank and most don't think its wise. its a high compression motor it aint designed for boost

and its not the most reliable motor to begin with

Whitefive.2

Established Member
**** this im going for the Twin turbo, you should guys check ThatDudeInBlue on youtube he reviewed a TT gt350, everything on the car is from the factory just added the twin turbo system made 850 on e85 with 8psi and the car is running fine as he said.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
The GT500 I traded I put a lot of money to get the up to 644 rwhp.

I also had fords best Extended warranty but i did the research and new I could afford a short block if I blew mine for about $5000 - $8000. A tranny could be fetched for about $3000 ... monies I dont want to spend but have. Having to replace a Voodoo motor cust pay ..... I shudder to think the money

don

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
has anyone seen an instance of engine replacement that wasn't covered by warranty?

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
has anyone seen an instance of engine replacement that wasn't covered by warranty?
With no mods or minor ..... prob not ..... but you put a blower on the motor and u have a internal failure i think its on you.
I work for a Ford store and i know first hand any repairs on a GT350 have to go to Dearborn for approval .... unusual to say the least.
Also ford states that if you have a failure that the part that failed if any of the contributing additions and or mods caused the same or could cause the warranty wont be covered ....
I would love to put headers and a tune and CAI .... but I am waiting until I get more info on how these motors last

don

Users who are viewing this thread