Production Run ID

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
As I've been checking out Cobras at various dealerships, I've been trying to find the infamous computer codes (QUD2 and YDH0) which will help me determine whether the car I am looking at is a first run or a second run car. One post says the code is on the MSRP sticker; another says it's on the passenger side door jamb. Neither of the cars I looked at yesterday had the code in either of these locations.

Is there any other way to tell? Can I just go by the manufacturing date on the driver's side door jamb sticker?

a94cobra

Established Member
Maybe it needs to cleared up a little, but when they say passenger side door jamb they mean on the door not the car. Just to make sure you are looking in the right spot.

03'Darin

Established Member
The window sticker will not have the computer code listed on it. You can use the build date or look in the passenger door jamb for a small white sticker that would have the code on. We do get alot of vehicles that come through without the sticker in the door jamb. You can also ask the the dealer to run the vin # on Oasis and give you the computer code.

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
Maybe it needs to cleared up a little, but when they say passenger side door jamb they mean on the door not the car. Just to make sure you are looking in the right spot.

Believe me, I looked all over that door and the jamb - there were no stickers of any kind. :)

F1-R Stang

Mobster
Established Member
thank you very much.

do they put the window stickers in the window before they are done,mine says 8/23/02? should i disregard that date or what is that date?

cobrablue

Established Member
not for anything that bulid code means absolutely nothing. i have the q code and the only problem i have is the stalling. no vibe or any of the other trash. i looked my car over and i have many of the corrections that people are talking about on the second run y cars. there are also second run people here that ive seen still complaining about much of the stuff the first run people were complaining about. someone even had the stalling reflash done and it corrected nothing so i think its all about hit and miss and who bulit your car.;-)

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
Well, I've tested for "the 80MPH vibe" and "the stall" and don't have either. I have to remember to check for "the tick" at some point. :)

So far, so good. :thumbsup:

dvarapala

SVT God... NOT!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03TRMN8R
dvarapala the system came up with a build date of 8/19 for your Zinc Yellow vert.

Thanks! That's solidly in the second run then, right?

Users who are viewing this thread