Progress on the Brute..

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Took the heads into Meridian for a bit of tweaking and discussed some possible combos for it with the guys. It's looking like I'll be shifting at around 7800 or so with the new combo. I'm probably gonna have to get a looser converter as well, 3K flash just ain't a gonna be good enough. :dw: So, at least there are signs of life from the beast FINALLY. :banana: :pepper:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Man Charlie, looks like my new combo on the cobra really scared you. :)

She's gonna hauL!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Yeah, it sounds like a lot to spin a 500+ inch motor at but the guys assured me they're good to 8500 or so with the parts it came with. Now there was a guy with a Ford 339 that spins his at 9300 and runs 7's all day long that was part of the flow discussion we had going on. Talk about winding 'em up.

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
saleen09 said:
Man Charlie, looks like my new combo on the cobra really scared you. :)

She's gonna hauL!

Well, it was spend 600 bucks to get it back where it was or spend 1200 bucks to take care of the topend now with the solid roller. Of course, if we go that route I'll also need a single plane (Super Victor) and 1100 CFM carb, probably a 1095 King Demon RS. They also suggested going to 4.30's or 4.56's with those 31" tires I have on her. I'll see how she does at the big end first before I change the gears. I did eyeball a Tunnel Ram with dual 750's and a 400 shot already plumbed into to it on racingjunk yesterday. Hmmmmm, nah.

saleen09

Established Member
F ME!

Reading this post, sounds like I need to invest in a "black blower" to keep up with the brute.

I bet Charlie's Chevelle could beat me even if Rick was driving! LOL!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Well, I went to the shop and it turns out there ain't much left to do with the heads since the previous owner already had 'em done. Ty said they did real nice work on 'em. I guess I get to spend the head money for a 400 shot fogger instead.

saleen09

Established Member
Did I say black blower before?Must have been a typo.

I meant VT STROKER, BLACK BLOWER AND A SHOT OF THE GIGGLE!

saleen09

Established Member
CharlieCobra03 said:
After rethinking the setup, it looks like we'll drop the redline down to 7200 to give a bit of cushion.

Oh,THANK GOD

I can now count the loss in car lengths, not BUS LENGHTS

I am SO pumped to get back out on the streets with Charlie and start terrorizing the locals again!

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Yeah, there's a Black Evo running mid 12's that's first on the list. Then maybe a rematch with a certain '05 Gixxer 1K from a dig. Of course, Will, Tyler and anyone else that wants to play...... First I have to get it fired up and broke in and then figure out how to keep it on the ground when I launch. THEN it's on.

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
anyone ever heard of a destroked 351W? i supposedly its a 302crank in a 351? Turns 9k? I've only heard of it, and if it wasn't such a hassle to change the intake, hood, etc i might do it....

sorry, didn't mean to hijack...

Users who are viewing this thread