Project Deceptive GT

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Well in addition to my 96 Cobra, Project Venomous (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1046276-Project-Venomous&highlight=)I have my 02 GT Vert. I bought the car back in 07 with 22,500 miles on it right before I reported to Ft Campbell. I wanted an S197 but could not find anything I liked with the options and color combo. I found this gem and really did like the color combo with the options. I never wanted a convertible but could not pass up the deal.

Here it was when I drove it off the lot, it only had a Flowmaster Catback.
DayOne.jpg

I got bit by the mod bug. The first was a CAI from MAC, then EIbach Pro System Plus, Steeda UDPs, Professional Products 75MM TB and Plenum, SCT X3, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Cobra Front Brakes, Steeda X2s, replaced the Flowmasters with Super 44s, UPR X Pipe, Haartz Stayfast Canvas Top, 18" Staggered Bullitts, Steeda 18" Ultralites, wing delete, and a few stereo changes that ended with Pioneer AVHP4200, Inifinty Kappa Components, Diamond Audio D310s, and Diamond Audio Amps.

Here is the way she looked when at the last iteration of the car.
mustang011.jpg
mustang009.jpg
mustang002.jpg

I pulled it into the garage to do a clutch change, headers, mid pipe, catback, and was going to throw on a Vortech. I broke three tools trying to get the pilot bearing out of the crank, damn thing was not moving. I decided the motor had to come out. I started to piece together a 4V swap. Fast forward a little under three years and I picked up a 96 Cobra. I decided at that point to use my 4V parts to do a C Swap on the Cobra and stay 2V. My plan was to get Trickflow Heads and a Bullitt Intake and Vortech both cars (V1 Si for the GT and V7 JT for the Cobra). Well, the other day I got a deal on essentially a 01 C Head longblock that I could not pass up. So back to the 4V swap.

Here is what she looks like sitting in the garage right now.
IMG_4996_zps879ac86e.jpg

Plans?

Saleen clone (real Saleen Kit), Vortech V1 Si, built Teksid block, C Heads (P&P, blower cams), return fuel system, 4pt cage, etc...

I am looking for around 500-600rwhp on this car; nothing too crazy. The Cobra I going crazy performance wise, the GT I want for more of cruise and show car.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well with the warmer weather coming up, I am going to start working on the interiors of the cars. I am ripping up the carpet in the GT and will be cleaning up the interior. Depending on how the carpet comes out in the GT, I may not have to buy new carpet. I also plan on repainting the dash support and changing the heater core just as a precaution. If I do a good job on the interiors on both cars, I will end up painting the bottom of the car.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, update time I guess. The C Head 4V stuff I got a few weeks ago included heads that had port work done, a valve job, and are supposed to have new bronze valve guides. They did have one slight issue, upon start up after the two of the oil passages to two cam journals had something clogging them that caused the journals to be scarred. I went to http://precisionraceengines.com/ to have the heads looked at and luck was on my side. The shop said that the damage is minimal and can be polished clean. So the heads are being cleaned, checked, torn down, the cam journals are going to be repaired. WIN! Precision Race Engines will be building my engine for both cars.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Saleen Hood.jpg

Santa Freight came by the house today and dropped this little piece of the puzzle. Trufiber's Saleen Extreme Hood. Heads are still at the shop. My wife chose this over the 95 Style Cobra R Hood. She is happy with her decision. She did decide on the Cobra R Hood for the Cobra.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, I spent a few more dollars on the car this weekend. Not to go into too much detail and spoil it before the pictures. I ordered the last pieces I needed to build a stout rear-end on the car. I will be taking the rear-end out in the next few weeks when my buddy brings his RX7 over for some maintenance. An extra hand will make getting the rear out and in the truck easier. Then it will be off to the shop to be torn down, off to the powdercoater for some beautification, then back to the shop for the rebuild with all the goodies.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, what do I have for the car? Some new parts recently came in and decided to catalog what I have had.

IMG_6276_zpstdaijgbv.jpg

Smoked headlight housings and COPs

IMG_6271_zpshxtnfmud.jpg

Canton Windage Tray, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP Master Install Kit, "Powered By SVT" COP Covers, Manley SVT Rods, Eaton Detroit TrueTrac, MAC Ceramic LTs

IMG_6269_zps24bbse4s.jpg

Mach 1 Intake Manifold, Vortech V1 Si Trim

Last edited:

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_6268_zps2wgcwmkl.jpg

18" Staggered 10th Anniversary SVE Wheels, SS Radiator Cover, Saleen Sill Plates

IMG_6267_zpswc9rxmof.jpg

H&R SuperSport Springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Stifflers K Brace, J&M Upper and Lower Control Arms

IMG_6264_zpsjqebd9lz.jpg

Raxiom Smoked Taillights

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Got a call from the Presicion Race Engines, heads are done. They cleaned, magnafluxed, and repaired the cam journal damage. All cam journals are polished up and within factory tolerances. Now time to start looking into cam options.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Just picked up the heads; took a gamble and won. Paid $100 for 01 Cobra Heads that were freshly ported, new bronze valve guides, and valve jobs but two scarred cam journals due to clogged oil passages. Precision Race Engines charged my $240 to disassemble, clean, check, and fix them. All it took was a polishing wheel.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Since the Convertible was broken into and the dash was broken (part of the plastic support had to be repaired but you cannot see it unless you remove the radio bezel) it will go back into the Cobra and the new one will go back into the convertible. I have the new dash separated from the frame and the wiring harness off. I started sanding down the frame.I may take it to get sandblasted as it would be easier. It will then get primed, painted, and cleared before going back into the car.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Great looking car. Any more updates?

still working on the dash. Time is something I do not have a lot of. I work full time running a hospital department that has been neglected, I am going to school full time, and remodeling the house.

I did just order Steeda's 3" ARP Wheel Studs and Image Dynamics Chameleon CXS 6.5" Component Set. I currently have Infinity Kappa Components with Diamond Audio Amps and Subs. I am swapping to Image Dynamics Components with the Diamond Audio Amps and Subs.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
The past few months have been a bit crazy. Work and school have been crazy. I stepped down from my management position and into a new field, Biomedical Engineering. This will afford me more time at home and eliminate my work stress, I also received a nice raise. Soon I will have some better updates, but for now a picture of my wife's gift for my garage.

484be448c320ea6fea40efd1a4c2e2b0.jpg

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
So, a little update. The wife and I have been discussing having a tiny human. The decision is made and plans and preparations have begun. That is part of the reason I traded in the Ranger for something family friendly.
21180810b3307750843d181e672f30c9.jpg

AKA Tuxedo Shirt the twin turbo daily tow pig family hauler.

I got rid of the Saleen Kit for stock GT stuff. New plans have caused the power goal to lowered.

Did get my tool cabinet set up.
bf91cf904bdc956fd235a5957ca81982.jpg

Stay tuned for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Well, GT front and rear bumpers are back on the car. The Saleen ones went to my buddy. I lost a bunch of money but preparing for a future human McNugget makes the pain go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kornnut

Established Member
Where did you get the rad cover? I want one like that so I can choose my powder coat.

Users who are viewing this thread