PROJECT MURDERED OUT : update

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
hahahah yeah no shit! i hope not. iam gonna try with running boards first. they are all being painted apart so i can always pull them back off.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I think the boards and mud flaps should come off too, but you already have a plan so stick with it. My other opinion, you should definitely do some sort of pin stripe on the wheel, gotta do something to "break it up". If the WHOLE truck is the same color, it just looks boring. I would personally do the red stripe, or blue... or even silver. Do the calipers the same color also. Nice project and keep posting pictures!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I think that's going to look sick! A couple of questions though...

How would you go about cleaning it? Since there is no clear coat (there's not, is there?), there is nothing to protect the paint from damage, right?

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
the clear is a flat clear instead of a gloss clear so it will hold up better than regular paint from what i have read and understand. i think it def. needs something to break it all up as well. calipers are red already that's why i was thinking the red stripe. wheels should be back from powder coat tommorow. don't know what to do about running boards yet. maybe someone can photoshop them off?

StStang0702

SVT Poster
Established Member
keep the running boards, loose the mudflaps, and you need to use gloss candy black paint on the lights and then clear them....its the cleanest way to tint your lights :0)...

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
can the amber lenses be removed from those headlights? i thought i read somewhere that they can be baked and removed then resealed.. or put some tint on the sides of the headlights and powdercoat or paint the grill gloss black, tint the tails

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
grill is already being flat blacked where it was chrome. tinted tails should be here friday as wel as third brake light. havent figured out what too do about front stuff

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
IMO, I think its probably going to look pretty good, im a fan of flat/satin black. However, please! please! leave the body kit/step rails and mud flaps OFF! looks like shit to me. I think the truck will look awesome woithout them if you just slam it on those wheels.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
picked up wheels today from powder coat. looks like it's gonna match paint perfectly. i can't ****ing wait to get my truck back. HID heads and fogs showed today as well. tinted tails and third brake light going in too. thanks for looking. flame on biatches!!!!
DSC_0010-9.jpg

DSC_0009-4.jpg

DSC_0008-7.jpg

DSC_0007-7.jpg

if this is what u like. i promise it's gonna look sweet. paint shop is doing a killer job so far. it will be done right i can promise u no bullshit "flat black" here.

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
edit:was nervous as shit re-mounting them. i was so scared i was going too scratch them. LOL. truck should be done end of next week for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread