Project SVGT

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Well, I've never owned a forced induction car, so I don't know that from experience, but this isn't the first time I've heard that haha

Does anyone know what sort of numbers a bolt-on GT with a ported and pullied Eaton would put down? I'd love to be in the 5xx range, but I don't know if that's possible on a 2v without a ton of boost.

You aren't getting anywhere near 500whp with a stock 2V motor.

That being said, I was making 380/380 on my old GT with a Vortech and I had a blast with that car. It was plenty fast enough to have a ton of fun in, but not too fast to get me into trouble easily. I'd say save yourself some coin, buy the TT kit and have fun making 400whp. If you really want more, you can build the motor down the road and port/pulley the blower.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
False.

Spray it for $500 and get the same numbers.

Thats only like $5 per horse power. :lol:

Just kidding man. Looks good, sounds good, and obviously runs well.

Nothing better than the whine of an eaton.

yeah try to run spray everytime you drive your car and have fun having your bottle filled every couple a days:dw:

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
You aren't getting anywhere near 500whp with a stock 2V motor.

That being said, I was making 380/380 on my old GT with a Vortech and I had a blast with that car. It was plenty fast enough to have a ton of fun in, but not too fast to get me into trouble easily. I'd say save yourself some coin, buy the TT kit and have fun making 400whp. If you really want more, you can build the motor down the road and port/pulley the blower.

That's probably what I'll end up doing. My GT is my daily driver, so I don't know how gnarly I'd want my car to be for DD duty. I'll just have to see how things go.

Thanks again guys, y'all have been a ton of help. I'm new to the modular game, so I don't really know what these things are capable of yet.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
If you want to keep it for a DD with power. Do the same thing I did.
Do not go with that small pulley Your motor will not handle it.
Go with a 3.10" or a 3.20" thats around 400rwhp
and it is fun. Plus it Drives like a dream.

Stephen4036

Established Member
367 on 10lbs? you could run a 125 kit and blow that hp # away and destroy the tq you put down.. but its always nice to hear that whine!

Stang Stalker

Established Member
367 on 10lbs? you could run a 125 kit and blow that hp # away and destroy the tq you put down.. but its always nice to hear that whine!

Running 13lbs at 407rwhp is a kick. I love the looks I get when I put my
foot to the floor and burn rubber in third gear. :burnout:

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member

... and only have that kind of power whenever you flip the switch and have a full bottle.

I've decided to go the Eaton route. Built motor might be down the road once I get a beater.

Ortiz99

Established Member
If you want to keep it for a DD with power. Do the same thing I did.
Do not go with that small pulley Your motor will not handle it.
Go with a 3.10" or a 3.20" thats around 400rwhp
and it is fun. Plus it Drives like a dream.

2.8 pulley, Stage 3 p&p heads, Stage 2 blower cams on a forged 5.4 :D. We'll see what kind of numbers she'll put out.

By the way, how long did it take you to get the kit? Its been almost two weeks and i havent recieved a fed ex tracking number or anything. I called Bill at Tork Tech and he told me it should be out this week but who knows.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
2.8 pulley, Stage 3 p&p heads, Stage 2 blower cams on a forged 5.4 :D. We'll see what kind of numbers she'll put out.

By the way, how long did it take you to get the kit? Its been almost two weeks and i havent recieved a fed ex tracking number or anything. I called Bill at Tork Tech and he told me it should be out this week but who knows.

It comes out of the west coast about 400 miles from me
I had mine in 8 days was looking at 2 to 3 weeks.
Charles at Tork Tech was coming up to bring a Kit to my Tuner
that when I got mine. By the way the pulley I have on the
Eaton came off the Lightning Charles had a fire in.

Ortiz99

Established Member
It comes out of the west coast about 400 miles from me
I had mine in 8 days was looking at 2 to 3 weeks.
Charles at Tork Tech was coming up to bring a Kit to my Tuner
that when I got mine. By the way the pulley I have on the
Eaton came off the Lightning Charles had a fire in.

8 days :rockon:. Its day 14 for me :(. I ordered the terminator kit plus the 5.4 adaptors and im ready to start building it up. I hate this waiting period :fm:. Im glad you have yours where you want it. I want to see more drive by videos if you dont mind :D.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I have to say. I sprayed mine for a year, and I had to drive 45 min to even get the bottle filled. When you add up the N20 Kit, Purge, Bottle Warmer, Gauges, Window switch. You have quite a bit into it. The Tork Tech Teminator kit is a little spendy, buts its the misc parts that really add up. People buy a Eaton, and figure you just have to buy the kit, but there is a whole lot that will nickel, and dime you. @ Ortiz99 They said my kit would ship in 3 weeks. After 5 weeks I finally called, and they said they were backed up, and it would be another 2 weeks. I didn't mind this, but it took me calling them to find out. Then when I got the kit there were bolts missing, and I called again. I asked about what belt to run, and for the bolts and he sent out the bolts. But when I got them they were the wrong bolts, and when I bought the belt it was the wrong belt. At that point I just went to home depot, and bought bolts that would work, and bought a few belts to see which worked best. Overall I am not done with mine yet. I have it together, but I have the rear tore apart right now, and doing some suspension work, so I cannot comment on how it is yet.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
I have to say. I sprayed mine for a year, and I had to drive 45 min to even get the bottle filled. When you add up the N20 Kit, Purge, Bottle Warmer, Gauges, Window switch. You have quite a bit into it. The Tork Tech Teminator kit is a little spendy, buts its the misc parts that really add up. People buy a Eaton, and figure you just have to buy the kit, but there is a whole lot that will nickel, and dime you. @ Ortiz99 They said my kit would ship in 3 weeks. After 5 weeks I finally called, and they said they were backed up, and it would be another 2 weeks. I didn't mind this, but it took me calling them to find out. Then when I got the kit there were bolts missing, and I called again. I asked about what belt to run, and for the bolts and he sent out the bolts. But when I got them they were the wrong bolts, and when I bought the belt it was the wrong belt. At that point I just went to home depot, and bought bolts that would work, and bought a few belts to see which worked best. Overall I am not done with mine yet. I have it together, but I have the rear tore apart right now, and doing some suspension work, so I cannot comment on how it is yet.
The belt was the K080537 that is for the 2.76 pulley
The belt for the 3.15 pulley K080545
The belt for the 3.65 Stock Pulley K080550
The Acc. Belt I am useing is K080947
I did the String Trick worked great
Every thing came with my Kit and the kit was here in two weeks.
Yes there are parts you have to get if you do the
reading it will tell you that.

Ortiz99

Established Member

Wow. When i called on Tuesday they told me it should be out this week. Still havent recieved an email or anything.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
The belt for the 3.15 pulley K080545
The belt for the 3.65 Stock Pulley K080550
The Acc. Belt I am useing is K080947
I did the String Trick worked great
Every thing came with my Kit and the kit was here in two weeks.
Yes there are parts you have to get if you do the
reading it will tell you that.

Yes I know there were extra parts to buy. Alot of people ask me what is all needed to do this kit so I thought I would put that out there. Thanks for the belt list.:beer: I am not knocking the kit. It has potential. I have actually started to wonder about that adapter plate to put the GT500 blowers on the 03 cobra being able to work all together?????

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
By the way Stang Stalker I am still going to get you some pics. Did you want install pics, or like finished product pics? Right now I am in the middle of getting some work done. Building the rear, and spring time I have a guy putting a custom roll bar/subframes in for the track. You have any future plans for yours?

Stang Stalker

Established Member
By the way Stang Stalker I am still going to get you some pics. Did you want install pics, or like finished product pics? Right now I am in the middle of getting some work done. Building the rear, and spring time I have a guy putting a custom roll bar/subframes in for the track. You have any future plans for yours?

Future Plans the plans are here.
This was this summer before the SC.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJicghjqJ4g"]YouTube - 1 Lap mid day with Night Stalker[/nomedia]

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Hey Stang Stalker, do you know the size of the belt for a 2.8 pulley?
so a 2.80 should be the same or you could do what I did
I put 1 90mm Idler pulley on.
If you want it to look stock I have a part number
from AC Delco for the Pulley.

EatonInside_01_02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread