Promotion Tranny should have shipped today

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
Well I posted awhile back about my transmission going. Well I talked with June and Walt yesterday and today and the transmission is done and should have shipped today. They are just wonderful people to work with and I can't wait to get the transmisison home. I placed my order with Lethal for the rest of my stuff. So the end of Labor Day I should have my car back tother.

During the down time I've added an 8 rib setup and lowered my pulley from a 3.6 to a 2.95 on my t-trim. Of course it will have to be retuned once it get it all back together and I added one of these:

P1010145.jpg

P1010147.jpg

P1010142.jpg

P1010144.jpg

Glenns 1000HP kit. I can't wait to get it back all together. Just need to figure out my bypass issue and I think I'm going to go with a Forge diverter.
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMCL007P

and I'll use their 15-23 psi springs and see how it works or I can toss in their bigger spring for more boost.

Having a 98 w/ the aftercooler is making it really hard to fit much of any other bypass in there.

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
Looks good. When did you send your tranny in to promotion?

It's been a month but Walt was out of town for a week so they were a little short handed. I bet they could turn it around faster, remember this is the time when everyone stuff breaks and wants it fixed. It's not like the winter time when they are slower and turn stuff around faster. No_slow_svt a member here got his is in 10 business days about. that included shipping time also I believe. It was winter time when he had his done though.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Just make sure that the dowel holes on the bellhousing are clean of any excess paint. If not it may be a little hard to get the tranny flush to the block. Mine took 5 months cause of a backup at liberty. Man I can't wait till the winter so I can test it. -Mark

jumperjack

Established Member
I bought the same fuel system for my build only thing was they sent me the wrong fuel rails so I sent them back and went with the Fore rails. It is a very good setup and you never have to worry about upgrading it. Keep us updated on how the tranny works out.

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
just pressurized the fuel system and I took my brothers word for it that he tightened all the lines.. what a mistake, gas all over my engine and some went down into my intake. :(

98KBCobraVert

Not a KB anymore!
Established Member
OK, thanks to No_slow_svt and twigbert the tranny, drive shaft, intake and 8 rib kit are all on. Just need to finish up a couple things and wait for the bypass to show up.

Those guys are awesome.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116326

^ there is a pic of that procharger race bypass mount. but you were right its a bypass still not a blow off.

thats the same valve i have and i just use it as a blow off

also you may want to get some t bolt hose clamps for your fittings after the charger.
i kept blowing off my throttle body one till i put on those better clamps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread