Proper burnout with 3:73 gears

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
For those of you with 3:73 gears what is the proper way to do a burn out? Are you starting the burnout in 1st gear and shifting into 2nd or are you starting in 2nd? With my old 99 GT I had 4:10 gears and I could do a burnout starting in 2nd gear. I am just unsure if 3:73s are enough gear to start one in 2nd gear. Thanks.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Since I put my 3.90's in I start in 2nd. With the water box it's easy to get them spinning.

Black4VPower

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice video, I could smell the rubber from my computer. I just wasn't sure if with 3:73s if the engine would bog when starting out in 2nd.

zPipes

Established Member
Ill have to admit Ive never don't that to my tires.. ever. lol. Ive done a few burnouts but not like that, and definitely not since I started paying 2-250 per tire.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I haven't done that in my Cobra. But when I was a teenager I had an older Mustang. I went through a set of brand new tires in one summer.

bumsoil

Established Member
that's how I polished off my terrible HTR-Z's. I usually do a set of rear tires every 8-12 months :p. but that's also 8-12k miles.
gotta kill them before swapping them. usually roast them about 2 miles from the tire shop. they always comment on the amount of melted rubber on everything and the smell of burnt rubber. :D

Users who are viewing this thread