Proud to be an Infantryman

ncpower08

Established Member
My roommate sent this to me. Just thought you guys would enjoy it too. It is all true.

Infantryman, (read it) -Underwear is entirely optional at all times -You have shit in the same bag you ate from. -You put that bag into your Ruck next to your sleeping bag. -You've shit in a hole more than a porta potty -Every time you shit, you tell everyone everything about it. -You go on missions with your fly undone so you can piss while pulling security. -You have no problem running 5 miles .........drunk. -You have no problem maxing a PT Test drunk. -You have no problems doing a 12-mile foot march drunk. -You have no problems but drinking problems, and you don't think it's a problem at all. -You would fight for a guy you barely know, as long as he's an Infantryman. -You'd fight your best friend, even though he's an Infantryman. -Monday morning formation should be taped and sent in to the Howard Stern Show. -You know someone who has done the following: 1. Pissed themselves, shit themselves, puked on themselves, and in turn did all of the above on other people, and loved it 2. Killed a Hajji, and loved it 3. Killed a case in between COB and last light, and loved it. 4. Ran a few miles on a broken something, and loved it. -You know that work is work and play is play. -You pride yourself on getting dirtier than any POG, but looking prettier at the same time. -You know heroes. -You know heroes that don't care if they are heroes. -Your buddies know all of your business, tell all of your business, but when the shit gets hot, its always time to handle some goddamn business. -You wince when a POG handles his weapon like a POG. -You know POG dudes hate you because POG chicks love you. -You realize you are one of the hardest motherf*****s in the country, and that's just before anyone else gets out of bed. -You got stopped in the airport by some fat security guard on the way home from OIF or OEF because your uniform had bomb residue, blood, or powder burns on it, and they treated you like a terrorist because of it. -You say Roger when Roger could mean a really bad day. -You say Roger because you welcome a bad day. -You would bleed on the flag so the stripes stay red. -You can fall asleep absolutely ANYWHERE. -You hear Kuwait, you automatically get the shits, -You hear Iraq/Afghanistan, you say, f*** it dude, Round Two, Three, Four, whatever. -You are the sore-footed, camo-faced; sun burnt, dirty, tired hungry sons-of-a-bitches that have fought so long to keep the wolf at the gate. You know this and you don't care if anyone else knows this. -You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world, and damn proud of it. -I'll drink to that. -Re-post this if you're an Infantry Men or know an Infantryman. If you're a chick, do your best to go f*** an Infantryman, ask anyone, it's the best you'll ever have. - If your trying to read the word "Infantryman" as two words, you'll never understand any of the above

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
emot-jerkit.gif

Boobinspector

Established Member
To you guys with the little jerking off smiley faces. Just remember if you ain't Infantry then you are just a POG. All branches and MOS's are there in one way or another to support the infantry. And for the most part all of that shit was so true.

Dsg-shaker

American Slothstronaut!
Established Member
My roommate sent this to me. Just thought you guys would enjoy it too. It is all true.

Infantryman, (read it) -Underwear is entirely optional at all times -You have shit in the same bag you ate from. -You put that bag into your Ruck next to your sleeping bag. -You've shit in a hole more than a porta potty -Every time you shit, you tell everyone everything about it. -You go on missions with your fly undone so you can piss while pulling security. -You have no problem running 5 miles .........drunk. -You have no problem maxing a PT Test drunk. -You have no problems doing a 12-mile foot march drunk. -You have no problems but drinking problems, and you don't think it's a problem at all. -You would fight for a guy you barely know, as long as he's an Infantryman. -You'd fight your best friend, even though he's an Infantryman. -Monday morning formation should be taped and sent in to the Howard Stern Show. -You know someone who has done the following: 1. Pissed themselves, shit themselves, puked on themselves, and in turn did all of the above on other people, and loved it 2. Killed a Hajji, and loved it 3. Killed a case in between COB and last light, and loved it. 4. Ran a few miles on a broken something, and loved it. -You know that work is work and play is play. -You pride yourself on getting dirtier than any POG, but looking prettier at the same time. -You know heroes. -You know heroes that don't care if they are heroes. -Your buddies know all of your business, tell all of your business, but when the shit gets hot, its always time to handle some goddamn business. -You wince when a POG handles his weapon like a POG. -You know POG dudes hate you because POG chicks love you. -You realize you are one of the hardest motherf*****s in the country, and that's just before anyone else gets out of bed. -You got stopped in the airport by some fat security guard on the way home from OIF or OEF because your uniform had bomb residue, blood, or powder burns on it, and they treated you like a terrorist because of it. -You say Roger when Roger could mean a really bad day. -You say Roger because you welcome a bad day. -You would bleed on the flag so the stripes stay red. -You can fall asleep absolutely ANYWHERE. -You hear Kuwait, you automatically get the shits, -You hear Iraq/Afghanistan, you say, f*** it dude, Round Two, Three, Four, whatever. -You are the sore-footed, camo-faced; sun burnt, dirty, tired hungry sons-of-a-bitches that have fought so long to keep the wolf at the gate. You know this and you don't care if anyone else knows this. -You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world, and damn proud of it. -I'll drink to that. -Re-post this if you're an Infantry Men or know an Infantryman. If you're a chick, do your best to go f*** an Infantryman, ask anyone, it's the best you'll ever have. - If your trying to read the word "Infantryman" as two words, you'll never understand any of the above

My dad has told stories like this to my brothers and myself as far back as I can remember... And that seems to fit the bill, brought back a early memory of my father sitting in the kitchen removing ticks off of him after from coming back out of the field (I think he was at ft Campbell,) anyways I'll have to drink a beer with him later tonight and read him this :beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
To you guys with the little jerking off smiley faces. Just remember if you ain't Infantry then you are just a POG. All branches and MOS's are there in one way or another to support the infantry. And for the most part all of that shit was so true.

emot-jerkit.gif

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member

Writes the Queen of Battle.

Signed,

KING OF BATTLE

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just remember that we can all do your job but you cant do ours

KING OF BATTLE

Ehhhhhhh............

I'd say 12b's, 13f's and 19d's would be the most capable since its part of our core tasks to be able to carry out infantry missions(I'm a 12b) but that's just the basic combat missions like dismounted patrol, area and route recon, etc. I wouldn't expect that any non combat mos could jump right in and carry out infantry missions in theater or be up to speed on TLP's in a field environment. They should but I'm sure you have met at least one office staff weeny NCO who doesn't know the 8 TLP'S, OPORD or an AAR for that matter. I'll never forget the day I heard a female E-6 honestly ask out loud "what's an AAR?" Bricks where shat.

Plus you won't see the 42a's doing 25k ruck marches. Or the 35f's knowing how to operate and maintain anything other than a M16. Not everyone can be infantry the same as not everyone could be IT. 9 weeks of BCT does not make a soldier infantry qualified, just a rifleman. The smart infantry guys realize that even though the military is designed to support their mission they can not do it without everyone else and therefore, no MOS is better than the other.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
If your in the military: Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, you're all part of the same team. Comparing one to the other is just stupid, IMO.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Ehhhhhhh............

I'd say 12b's, 13f's and 19d's would be the most capable since its part of our core tasks to be able to carry out infantry missions(I'm a 12b) but that's just the basic combat missions like dismounted patrol, area and route recon, etc. I wouldn't expect that any non combat mos could jump right in and carry out infantry missions in theater or be up to speed on TLP's in a field environment. They should but I'm sure you have met at least one office staff weeny NCO who doesn't know the 8 TLP'S, OPORD or an AAR for that matter. I'll never forget the day I heard a female E-6 honestly ask out loud "what's an AAR?" Bricks where shat.

Plus you won't see the 42a's doing 25k ruck marches. Or the 35f's knowing how to operate and maintain anything other than a M16. Not everyone can be infantry the same as not everyone could be IT. 9 weeks of BCT does not make a soldier infantry qualified, just a rifleman. The smart infantry guys realize that even though the military is designed to support their mission they can not do it without everyone else and therefore, no MOS is better than the other.

Ditto.

A 12B or cav scout can do essentially anything an 11B can do.

steves04cobra

Established Member
Ehhhhhhh............

I have to agree with you, you make some good points.

Users who are viewing this thread