Prozac

charged98cobra

Legal gru
Established Member
Anyone have experience with someone who takes prozac or fluxene? I didn't know that this stuff was so serious. Friend of mine went off the med. I really care about them and want to help, but I don't know what to do, they don't wanna see anyone......

vicious781

Former Army Brat
Established Member
Im a pharmacy tech and personally Im on Celexa (brand for Citalopram). All I can say is that its dangerous to stop cold turkey without talking to a doc about it. Theres lots to know about the med, Prozac (brand for Fluoxetine). You can talk to ANY pharmacist about it

YELOSNK

Established Member
What vicious said, you are supposed to gradually go off Prozac, not just stop. Your friend needs to talk to his/her doctor.

Last edited:

txrunsvt

I run fast.
Established Member
Vicious is right, i was on prozac for a year and then went cold turkey and dropped it. For the two weeks it takes to leave your system, i was even more of a mess than i was before the meds. Your friend needs to see a doctor again.

MusPoontang

Banned
Charged=
Although not yet a FULLY certified real doctor. I have had loads of experience with ppl OD'ing and UD'ing on those meds.

My little bro had an interaction with his meds,(bipolar, AA, DSD related). Was NIOT pretty at all. There was some longterm damage.

Do YOU know what her dosage is or any other details. There are support groups for family members and info sources to help you deal with these scenarios.

magRT496

Established Member
My g/f's mom takes some form of anti-depressant(most likely prozac), and man is she a ****ing nutbar. when she takes the stuff she is fine, extremely nice happy etc. but when she doesnt, look out. she will randomly start crying for absolutely no reason. shell also be really nice one second and they just totally lose the next. IMO doctor's presicribe that stuff way to loosely, this stuff should only be used in extreme cases of depression and so forth. Alot of cold stops have lead to suicide as well.

Users who are viewing this thread