PS3 update = 3D blu-ray playback

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'm doing a system update on my PS3 right now (3.50) and it allows you to play 3D blu-rays now. I figured this update would be coming, but didn't think it would be this soon. I still think the price of 3D TV's and glasses is a bit outrageous, but it's cool that anyone with a PS3 can use it to save some money if they want to upgrade. This is on my old original 40GB PS3, so it seems any of them should be able to do it.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i did the update a few days ago. Definitely shocked me that the ps3 is 3d supportive but also if you noticed in the playstation store, 3d demos are out

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I'm doing a system update on my PS3 right now (3.50) and it allows you to play 3D blu-rays now. I figured this update would be coming, but didn't think it would be this soon. I still think the price of 3D TV's and glasses is a bit outrageous, but it's cool that anyone with a PS3 can use it to save some money if they want to upgrade. This is on my old original 40GB PS3, so it seems any of them should be able to do it.

Just wait. Toshiba already has a 3D tv in the works that requires no glasses. Thats what I waiting for. The glasses are a killer by the time you by 4 of them its like 500-600 :eek:. Not many families can afford that in this economy.
But you are right about prices very pricey for something that has limited things in 3D. Its just like blueray was a few years ago not much selection, now its basically every DVD.

ModularFan

Established Member
I think 3d is stupid. I saw Avatar on IMAX when it was in the theathers my eyes hurt like hell afterwards.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I think 3d is stupid. I saw Avatar on IMAX when it was in the theathers my eyes hurt like hell afterwards.

That is just because you are too short to see over the seat infront of you.

Have you tried a booster seat? it might help.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
How do you update your PS3. I have no audio/TV understanding.

Goto the column at the main ps3 menu that has all the settings for everything, and it should be the 1st or 2nd option down.
Usually when it's a required update the ps3 will demand the update before you can do anything.

I was also pretty stunned the support came this early.
Well hey props to Sony. On the ball!

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Avatar was cool in 3d, but I had my fill of 3d with it.

Be damned if I'm going to watch the News/Sports etc. and play games/watch movies with glasses on all the time.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Avatar was cool in 3d, but I had my fill of 3d with it.

Be damned if I'm going to watch the News/Sports etc. and play games/watch movies with glasses on all the time.

Im sure they have a screen protector to put over your screen very soon

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
yea i noticed this when i updated on monday. next TV i buy will support 3D just to keep up so good to know i wont have to buy anything else to watch 3D blue rays

Users who are viewing this thread