PS4 People- Wifi problems

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Within the last week, my PS4 started dropping my wifi signal ever few minutes, sometime more frequently, each time I tried using it. I never had a problem with it before and then this started out of nowhere. I am using the equipment Comcast provides and do not have any other problems with my other wifi devices staying conencted, only the PS4. My PS4 is esentially useless right now as I can't play anything that requires a internet connection. Anyone else run into this problem and have any ideas on how to fix? Running a wired connection is not an option given the location of the comcast equipment and where my PS4 is.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member
Unfortunately not. The modem/router is upstairs in the office and the PS4 is downstairs in our living room. Signal strength is not an issue as I am getting 92%+

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine has been weird since the 2.0 system update. I've had to reset my router a couple times since then in order to get my PS4 to connect to the internet. Never had any trouble before.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Mine has been weird since the 2.0 system update. I've had to reset my router a couple times since then in order to get my PS4 to connect to the internet. Never had any trouble before.
Also sounds like router going bad. It can happen, here at work some phones/devices connect to the wifi, others is a hit a miss. Resetting the router only fixes it temporary.

Andrew03Mach

Established Member

I was wondering if it was a result of the recent software updates from Sony as well because it has only become a recent problem and was working great before that.

I am not really knowledgeable when it comes to setting up home networks. I have the piece from comcast, is that a combined modem and router? If something is going bad with that, how would I go about adding a new router to what I already have? It seems odd that the comcast piece would be going bad as I would expect to have connectivity problems with other devices as well and not just the PS4

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Only problem I ever had was the router having problems assigning ip addresses with multie devices running on the network. I ended up leaving DHCP on for the random stuff but assigned a static for the regular use items, including setting up the PS4 in DMZ. Haven't had a problem since.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Also sounds like router going bad. It can happen, here at work some phones/devices connect to the wifi, others is a hit a miss. Resetting the router only fixes it temporary.

All my other devices pick up an address and connect right away, the issue is definitely PS4-side.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
All my other devices pick up an address and connect right away, the issue is definitely PS4-side.

Then go into your router, enable DMZ and assign a static ip address...something like 192.168.1.5 and then go into your PS4 network settings, and assign it to use that static IP. I'm willing to bet that would take care of your problems, might try openDNS and manually assigning them also. I usually do it all at once and haven't had a problem since. That should also solve any NAT problems (if you had any) and show as type 1 if you've ever had problems getting booted, random disconnects or mic issues in game when everyone else is gtg.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread