PSI in MT DRs?

ChiefP

03 Vert
Established Member
I just got a new set of MT Streets, 305/35/18s, a couple weeks ago. They put 32 lbs in them when installed. I'm still getting more wheel spin on the street that I thought I would. What should I run the pressure at for DD?

I'm going to the track this weekend and plan to drop to 20 PSI for starters. Sure hope they hook there better than they are now.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i run 26psi daily driven on the streets... i have found that to be a good all around compromise for wear and traction. i run 275/40's though.

at the track i drop them down to about 18 or so, but i may experiment going much lower.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
i run 26psi daily driven on the streets... i have found that to be a good all around compromise for wear and traction. i run 275/40's though.

at the track i drop them down to about 18 or so, but i may experiment going much lower.
Thanks! I was actually considering making a thread to ask this same question, I was curious what everyone runs the 275 at on the street!
I've never seen it discussed before:beer:

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I run about 22-24 on the street. Any higher they will chew up fast. At the track I run 16-18. Never go below 16 -15 unless your doing John Force style burnouts. The radial the side walls will push in and cup the tread in towards the rim.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
24-26psi on the street for cruising. 18psi on the street for traction...but watch out for bumps! 16-18psi at the track. My 2 cents.

Indecisive

Established Member
I run 20-22 in mine.Bought them from a friend used in January and made 6 trips to the track 45 min away and their just now wearing out,and I daily drive mine.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^ thanks I'll try low 20's, I was considering about 30..I have a brand new set of 275's going on, enough of the damm spin show with the Vortech!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Wow, I'd think that might get a little squirrelly on the other end.

It's not too bad. I tried 12 a few times and it was a little on the loose side, but still not as bad as some of the bias ply tires I've run. The loose feeling is also much worse if you lift shift or get in and out of the gas.

Users who are viewing this thread