PSI questions

venams03

Established Member
I'm running Nitto DRs on the back and Nitto 555R's up front

305/35/20 Rears with 255/35/20 Fronts

Stock tire PSI is 36 PSI. The Drag radials go up to 55 PSI!! :0

I'd like to run my tires on the weekend for max longevity as opposed to max performance. I can always lower the Drag Radials pressure in the rear for max bite.

So for max longevity, what should I run these things at? They're all at 36 PSI (rec stock pressure) as it sits right now.

manOwar

Established Member
I run my front and rear at 35psi (555's). Someone else will have to chime in on the DR's for street use but I would think around 25-26psi... no sure!

venams03

Established Member
I'd like to know the rec pressure for max tread life when not at the track on the rears. The drag radials go up to 55psi unlike the stock tire max which is 44psi. Not that I need to inflate that high.

Just wondering what I should air the rears up to so I don't burn the tires so fast?

I've heard advice from as little as 18 psi up to about 32 psi

skyhighsd

Established Member
Within a few lbs of the fronts or you are going to be dealing with the tpms light anyways. If you dont you really wasted your money even putting them on the new wheels IMO.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Didn't do the sensors/bands SKYHIGH so that's not an issue

Well if that is the case than higher you run them to the rated psi the longer they will last. You may notice a difference in the ride with them at 55 psi those are going to be like rocks back there.

Users who are viewing this thread