Ptv Clearance issue with 270ah

LeKiD

Established Member
I have to dial those cam into a 2v , 2004 gt bone stock . I have the trick flow crank timing gear .

Closed valve / tdc i have .065 of valve travel before hit the piston.

I installed the cam dot to dot . 105 icl , intake valve touch the piston barely , lifter is collapse a little to let the engine turn free , i can turn the engine by hand . I tried 107-109-111-113 and 115 icl and i always have ptv contact. At 109 the contact is 8deg btdc and at 115 intake valve contact 10deg atdc .

Everywhere they said that cam will fit a stock pi engine , i saw a bunch that installed from 112-115 with success . But i never heard someone give how much clearance they have .

Thanks !

bobby_0081

Established Member
I have to dial those cam into a 2v , 2004 gt bone stock . I have the trick flow crank timing gear .

Closed valve / tdc i have .065 of valve travel before hit the piston.

I installed the cam dot to dot . 105 icl , intake valve touch the piston barely , lifter is collapse a little to let the engine turn free , i can turn the engine by hand . I tried 107-109-111-113 and 115 icl and i always have ptv contact. At 109 the contact is 8deg btdc and at 115 intake valve contact 10deg atdc .

Everywhere they said that cam will fit a stock pi engine , i saw a bunch that installed from 112-115 with success . But i never heard someone give how much clearance they have .

Thanks !

What do you mean by dot to dot?

DropTopPony

Still cruzin a 2V
Established Member
I called Comp , they told me Ford used 4 different piston on mustang . 2 of them clear and 2 other wont clear the 270 .

Thats all the info they gave you? Stock valves?
I don't know what the 4 differences are but notice how the clearances are on the outer edge of the piston so unless the piston is taller I don't see the differences mattering when it comes to ptv.

100660.jpg

Maybe the valves can be milled down, or you can cut the reliefs in the pistons.

DropTopPony

Still cruzin a 2V
Established Member
The 268 is an NPI set of cams, probably get more out of a set of 262ah those are the entry level PI cams from Comp

The pic of the MMR is just for illustration, it is a deeper dished piston.

Users who are viewing this thread