Pulled over in driveway

F the V-TAC

Established Member
I was coming home today, and was pulled over in my driveway.

I made a hairpin turn to get onto the road I live on, going at a normal speed, then after I made normal acceleration to about 35 I gave it some gas up to 55(50mph speed limit...) then let off. After I already let off, I see an unmarked turn around. I do not see any lights, and proceed to enter my driveway. About 20 seconds after I enter my driveway(I live in the woods, and go down a rock driveway at 10mph) I see the undercover come down after me with his lights on...

If in fact he did not even put his lights on until I already entered my driveway, would it be acceptable for him to ticket me?? He let me off with a verbal in the end, but I was just curious if it would be ok for him to ticket me, after I entered on to my private property

And I don't think he did put his lights on until I went down my driveway, because he said nothing about stopping as soon as he put his lights on(because they weren't on I guess)

Any help would be appreciated

LS2GTO

Established Member
What was the warning for?

Also, just because you're in your own driveway doesn't change the fact that you were indeed traveling on public roadways minutes before. If that's where the infraction occured, then doesn't matter where the officer makes contact with you regarding the infraction.

F the V-TAC

Established Member
What was the warning for?

Also, just because you're in your own driveway doesn't change the fact that you were indeed traveling on public roadways minutes before. If that's where the infraction occured, then doesn't matter where the officer makes contact with you regarding the infraction.
He didn't say...Just said he's letting me off with a verbal warning. Maybe I would have been ticketed for reckless/careless?? Had I been a jerk off to the detective, which I wasn't...
thanks, I just wasn't sure about the situation. By no means was I driving like a jack ass though, 35-55 in a wooded road with no cars coming towards me, in front of me, or behind me just didn't make sense for me getting pulled over...

Last edited:

MachsFastr

Established Member
Naw man, once you're in your driveway and on private property you are out of their reach! Should have pulled out your 45 and told him to take a hike! :dw:

Mustanger

Established Member
Naw man, once you're in your driveway and on private property you are out of their reach! Should have pulled out your 45 and told him to take a hike! :dw:

LOL...I really hope you were kidding with that statement! You can't possibly be serious can you?

CSD

Banned
LOL...I really hope you were kidding with that statement! You can't possibly be serious can you?

Sarcasm.gif

LS2GTO

Established Member
He didn't say...Just said he's letting me off with a verbal warning

Rofl what kinda BS is that...he's just gonna pull you over but not tell you what you did wrong or what the warning is for...he just said "don't do it again"...do what again.

Bet he either was having a really bad day or just was bored and wanted to screw with someone.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
You should have proceeded to do a burnout on your driveway while firing your gun into the air screaming, "this my private property bitch!"

F the V-TAC

Established Member
Rofl what kinda BS is that...he's just gonna pull you over but not tell you what you did wrong or what the warning is for...he just said "don't do it again"...do what again.

Bet he either was having a really bad day or just was bored and wanted to screw with someone.
That's what I was confused about...
No guys, obviously private property doesn't= home free, I just thought it was funny how he didn't say anything about what I was being warned for, and how I didn't see his lights on before...
Actually turned out to be pretty cool, there was a fire near my house I asked about and he said that I shouldn't worry because my car would be fast enough to out run it anyway

2k3gt

Established Member

What are you talking about, he was being completely serious. In fact, you can commit any crime you want and get away with it as long as you quickly retreat back to your own private property. You didn't know that?

You should have proceeded to do a burnout on your driveway while firing your gun into the air screaming, "this my private property bitch!"

:lol:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

lol the "Home Base" clause.

Reaching home instantly voids you of any vehicular charges (speeding, evasion, etc). Do a burnout and pull into your driveway before the cop can stop and you could get out of your car and hands in the air go "SAFE!" or "Shouldve been faster next time!"

Too bad its not true.

Killer95Stang

Does a gas station count as a driveway? Every time I pull behind a car, they need gas all of sudden and try to pull into a stall. I tell them thanks for pulling into the gas station, I needed a refill on my slushy.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
theres a cop that lives 3 houses down from me...

i was driving home and downshifted and my car was loud as hell... i didnt even notice a car behind me but when i turned into my driveway...i seen his suv patrol headlights in my rearview mirror and it looked like he was an inch from hitting my rear bumper. it pissed me off so i followed him home and asked him why he was on my ass like that. he said "oh your exhaust is too loud. you gotta fix that"...

then later i called to apologize cuz i shouldnt had followed him home even if its 3 houses down. he ended up asking me to come show him my cobra..he loved the exhaust and i actually have a 95gt that he once owned..and he gave me the original wheels hood and side skirts off of it for free..and a a-pillar guage pod brand new in package. and we talked for a few. he's a big mustang freak. and he ended up changing his story and saying he was on my ass cuz i was trying to hear my car cuz he loves how it sounds. but i think its a lie.. he just realized i was his neighbor so he let me go.. he told me he only became a cop cuz he was tired of gettin tickets.

also...that gas station trick saved me once... 2 motorcylcle cops were clocking people.. i was speeding and i pulled into the gas station fast as hell. and all i seen was the cop hauling ass and almost falling off his bike to get a car that was next to me. i didnt even get gas

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread