Pulled the ST engine cover off today and found something strange... need some help

2004Droptop

Established Member
On the intake, after MAF and filter there is an open vacuum port or what looks like it, sure it is since you give it gas it sucks pretty good. Here is a pic... finger pointing at it. Anyone have any motor pics or take a look and help me out. Should add it looked like a crankcase breather... I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Sorry just a cell phone pic at the moment

IMG_0349v2.jpg

Last edited:

Boxnwilly

Just walked out to the parking lot and pulled off my engine cover. My car does not have that port on it at all. I don't have a camera so I can't take a picture until I get home. Also my car does not have the metal shielding on the CAT like yours does. My car was built last week Thursday. When was yours built?

2004Droptop

Established Member
FIXED... dealer was really cool about it. Looked at I guess service diagrams and noted it was not there. Swapped it out for another ST on the lot that had the correct part and ordered one for the car on the lot. I'm still a little concerned I drove it 100 miles without cap on it... took me that long to pull the cover and look at the motor.

No wonder I thought it was down on power!

IMG_0063.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread