Pulley Combo Boost ?

boca ron

Banned
What kind of boost numbers are guys seeing from a kb blower with 6# lower and 3 upper on cammed motors. I'm seeing 14# that seems a little low to me. What say you? Yesterday I removed 8# lower, I can tell a big difference dropping down to the 6 seat of the pants feels like I dropped 50hp plus the tune was way off, way rich, retuned it and was able to add a little timing, better but still not the same for sure.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
With an 8 lower, 3.25" upper I see 15-16# on mine. It's a 3:1 ratio same as a 6 lower 3" upper. It may be down lower now though due to the heat. You may be fine down in S FL.

01redbolt

Established Member
Don't know if it will help but I'm running a 3" upper and 6lb lower on my stock motor, stock cams and getting 22.5lb's of boost, this is with the JLP sheet metal intake.

boca ron

Banned
01redbolt said:
Don't know if it will help but I'm running a 3" upper and 6lb lower on my stock motor, stock cams and getting 22.5lb's of boost, this is with the JLP sheet metal intake.
omg, that thing is makeing big boost, it must run like hell

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
boca ron said:
So a 8 lower 3.25 is equal to 6L 3U? correct?

Yes. Divide the diameter of the upper pulley in inches into the diameter of the lower pulley and you get the driven ratio of the s/c and both of these combos equal 3:1.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
boca ron said:
So a 8 lower 3.25 is equal to 6L 3U? correct?

I'd be real close Ron. In good air with my 8lb lower and 3.1 upper I was making about 21psi. That was with a JLP Sheetmetal plenum. Around 20psi with the 3.25.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i'm seeing 10-11lbs on a 4# lower and 2.8 upper....i'm guessing i'm having belt slip or something. i just went and adjusted the boost actuator, so i'm hopeing that'll help.

chiz

Users who are viewing this thread