pulley cover modification for aux idler

rsilver

Established Member
Hi again, I found an old post by NOGM4ME showing a really sweet modified pulley cover. He said he was doing the modification for those interested but I haven't been able to contact him via email or PM. I know most people don't care about running the cover but does anyone know if someone is doing these modifications? I am just not good at sheet metal. thanks for any comments.........bob

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I did this to one of my pulley covers with advice from NOGM4ME, and it turned out very nice. Not difficult at all. I cut the cover with a jig saw and had my welder attach a piece of fuel line for me for the middle mounting point. Painted it up nice and was good to go. Ran it for about 6 months, but eventually went with a Whipple tensioner (which fits under the stock cover), and sold the modified cover about 4 years ago. No one that I've heard of modifies and sells these.

rsilver

Established Member
hey thanks guys, I was afraid of that. Given the price of the whipple tensioner which looks really good to me, I was hoping to get the guard modified. I don't have a welder or the skills and time to do it myself. I have another stock guard that i just bought for modification. Iron terp, would you be interested in making the modification? If so PM me what you would charge and I will send you the extra cover. thanks again.........bob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread